• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket Vs Half Jacket?

Jeff

Oakley Beginner
Hello,

After years of wearing the Oakley Half Jacket, I needed a new pair. I decided go with the Flak Jacket this time around instead of trying the Half Jacket 2.0 glasses. Do the Flak Jackets have less lens coverage on your face? And having just tried them on after getting them in the mail they seem to fit less comfortable than my old half jackets. I keep feeling the nose pads pusing on my nose... Maybe I just need to try wearing them for a bit or maybe it's just the design?

Did you get the XJL lens? You could try putting on the smaller nose bombs to see if that fits better.

No, I got the regular ones. The smaller nose pieces were already on there. Maybe I just need to wear them for a bit...

After being a half jacket fan for so long, the half jacket 2.0 was disappointing. Ive never tried a flak jacket.

What didn't you like about the half jacket 2.0? I was actually thinking of checking them out and maybe return my flak jacket. Is it me, or did my old half jacket 1.0 glasses have larger lens area than my new flak jackets?

The Half Jacket 2.0 is too similar to the Fast/Flak Jacket and I personally think it has too much of a cat eyed look. The frame angles up near the sides when looking at it from the front.

Hmm... Now I'm not sure what to do. Keep my Flak Jackets and maybe I'll get used to them or try something else, and if I do I'm not sure what to even try at this point...

Back