1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jeff

Jeff Oakley Beginner

Hello,

After years of wearing the Oakley Half Jacket, I needed a new pair. I decided go with the Flak Jacket this time around instead of trying the Half Jacket 2.0 glasses. Do the Flak Jackets have less lens coverage on your face? And having just tried them on after getting them in the mail they seem to fit less comfortable than my old half jackets. I keep feeling the nose pads pusing on my nose... Maybe I just need to try wearing them for a bit or maybe it's just the design?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Did you get the XJL lens? You could try putting on the smaller nose bombs to see if that fits better.

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

The flaks are less tight than the halfs, but they are just as secure. Imo one of the best pairs for running. The new flak xlj lenses are too big but if you find gen1 xlj flaks they are beautiful.

4. Jeff

Jeff Oakley Beginner

No, I got the regular ones. The smaller nose pieces were already on there. Maybe I just need to wear them for a bit...

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

The half jacket fit a lot tighter to my face and was more comfortable, but I felt the flak had [marginally] better coverage.

6. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Can't go wrong with the Flak Jacket XLJ.

7. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

After being a half jacket fan for so long, the half jacket 2.0 was disappointing. Ive never tried a flak jacket.

8. Jeff

Jeff Oakley Beginner

What didn't you like about the half jacket 2.0? I was actually thinking of checking them out and maybe return my flak jacket. Is it me, or did my old half jacket 1.0 glasses have larger lens area than my new flak jackets?

9. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

The Half Jacket 2.0 is too similar to the Fast/Flak Jacket and I personally think it has too much of a cat eyed look. The frame angles up near the sides when looking at it from the front.

10. Jeff

Jeff Oakley Beginner

Hmm... Now I'm not sure what to do. Keep my Flak Jackets and maybe I'll get used to them or try something else, and if I do I'm not sure what to even try at this point...