1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Flakjacket

Flakjacket Oakley Beginner

Does anyone have a picture of ANY sunglasses with prescriptions in them? I would like to get prescription for my xlj but am unsure what they will look like? They have certain area that is prescription or the entire lenses just look normal but prescription?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

The entire lens will be your prescription and should look pretty standard. The only place you might notice a difference is around the edges as it might be a little thicker depending on your prescription. The only pair that uses an insert currently is M Frame or Radar.

3. Regular_John

Regular_John Oakley Beginner

@FlackJacket - I wear them almost everyday, clear transitions, awesome Rx glasses! I'll post a pic later for you.

4. Regular_John

Pics of Rx XLJ Flak Jackets, mine are clear transitions with AR coating. Oakley Rx optics are amazing, I will not wear anything else!

Flak Jacket XLJ Prescription??? - C57B9F30-0CFE-4F98-BD36-DFAA0B22BBC7-631-0000004B76F0FDD5.jpg

Flak Jacket XLJ Prescription??? - B7E1B974-3EEC-48C6-9B9C-AE1D286217F8-631-0000004B7C03CD56.jpg

Flak Jacket XLJ Prescription??? - 6F31700B-2573-43E4-ACD2-332F12D3BD3A-631-0000004B79E2B833.jpg

5. Flakjacket

Awsome so they look like just reg xlj lenses just maybe a little thicker... Cool thanks for the pics

6. Regular_John

Yup, just like the stock lens but with beveled edges so that they fit in the frame, I can stick these lenses in any flak jacket frame that I've got.

7. Flakjacket

so i have a required bevel lens fee ok.... now the lense i will have OTD Black iridium polarized with back AR? (Back anti relective??)) Also on the side it asks for anti relective coating for 30 but isnt that already in the lense?

8. Regular_John

You get AR on the front of the lens, back side AR is the extra $30. I've had both, didn't feel the extra $30 was needed. It's up to you though...

9. Flakjacket

and are they still z87 polycarbonate still could shoot with them being rx?

10. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

The material is the same but z87.1 cannot be stated on RX due to the differing thickness of Rx lenses. You are probably good to go but Oakley cannot legally say they are.