• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket XLJ Prescription???

Thats a bummer... i use them primarily for outside use which would be awsome if i could see clearly with some RX!!! But i also wanted to use them for shooting..i may just take the chance i have a pretty good non ricochet range so...

Thats a bummer... i use them primarily for outside use which would be awsome if i could see clearly with some RX!!! But i also wanted to use them for shooting..i may just take the chance i have a pretty good non ricochet range so...

I've been trying to find the link on standard issue that states that the Rx lenses do meet the z87.1 impact standard, maybe it was frames direct... That's why they make Rx available on US standard issue, those folks need Rx that meets safety standards. It sounds like that's who you're ordering through, I'd give customer service a quick call to confirm it.

I will call Standard Issue tomorrow and see what they have to say about the RX lenses. I know Oakley Jared probably hit the nail on the head but will check anyways.

Yea they basically said what Jared stated. With the RX they can't assume that the lenses would be z87 without actually trying those lenses for the impact testing. She said they will have some impact resistance but just cant put the z87 because they cannot be tested.

Back