• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak XLJ Lens confusion

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Help me here.

I know Sku 13-660 is Flak XLJ G30 Iridium.

What is Sku 41-921, also described as G30 Iridium?

Is this an Oakley.com error? They are priced differently?

I am hoping that the 41-921 is a G30 Black Iridium, but anyone know.

O-Review hasn't clarified this for me.

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

On Oakley's USA website, the prices, photos, and descriptions are identical between the two SKUs.
When I search the web for "Oakley 13-660", I get hits at Oakley.com and at many online Oakley retailers.
If, on the other hand, I search for "Oakley 41-921", I get no legitimate hits.
So, I think signs point to the 41-921 being a mistake.
Perhaps Customer Service would be able to look up the 41-921 SKU?

On Oakley's USA website, the prices, photos, and descriptions are identical between the two SKUs.
When I search the web for "Oakley 13-660", I get hits at Oakley.com and at many online Oakley retailers.
If, on the other hand, I search for "Oakley 41-921", I get no legitimate hits.
So, I think signs point to the 41-921 being a mistake.
Perhaps Customer Service would be able to look up the 41-921 SKU?
Appreciate your efforts and reply.

The strange thing is that a couple of years ago I swear I bought a Flak XLJ BI and had it cut to XX. Now I can't find any reference to such a lens on o review or anywhere. Am starting to doubt myself!

The slight difference in price is interesting. I would contact customer service as I don't recall there being a G30 BI.
Good luck

Oakley.com currently lists G30 BI lenses for Valve frames, so it wouldn't be surprising if Oakley made them for XLJ at some point. How to find them for XLJ, that's the question ...

Oakley Valve Replacement Lenses in G30 BLACK IRIDIUM | Oakley
I checked my XX lenses cut from Flak XLJ and they are definitely G30 BI not the plain G30. Maybe they used to make but discontinued or sold out.... Still odd that not on o review.

Thanks for the heads up on Valve though - will get a set of those instead since they also make XX donors.

I love that G30 BI but have a feeling the Gs and VRs may get scarce what with all the Prizm hype.

Back