• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flex Coupler

erap

I should Work at Oakley
I sent my x metal xx for flex coupler tune up. It came back tight but just wondering if it can be tuned up without replacing anything inside like rubbers etc. Have not seen in person how it is done so would appreciate what are the tells that it had been tuned up properly besides being tight.

do both the arms touch the table when fully open, is there a gap difference between the bridge and orbitals, and lastly how do they fit?

Left and right side of the coupler needs to be replaced with parts? Seems like the right side is tight to the point of not being able to move but the left side is movable. Also the left side coupler is movable just a tiny bit unlike the right side. Arm hinges tight when returned. Fit is nice and tight. Just want to know if they indeed replaced the rubbers inside and not just tighten it if such thing can be done without replacing the rubbers inside the coupler.

7C331101-DF5D-4A6B-A0E4-526AFC9180D2-185-0000001BD304F581.jpg

159AE340-B242-42A8-A488-0FB4A3413E1D-185-0000002CF888727B.jpg

I sent my x metal xx for flex coupler tune up. It came back tight but just wondering if it can be tuned up without replacing anything inside like rubbers etc. Have not seen in person how it is done so would appreciate what are the tells that it had been tuned up properly besides being tight.

Erap, did u send it to Oakley~? btw ur inbox is full

Maybe related or not but I thought I read somewhere that Oakley changed the Flex Coupler rubber to make it softer but more durable? My latest brand new pair isn't "loose", but seems to be much more flexible than my other pairs if that makes any sense. It feels weird since I'm used to a more rigid coupler.

I just tried a bnib juliet and coupler is not that rigid, more flexible.

do both the arms touch the table when fully open, is there a gap difference between the bridge and orbitals, and lastly how do they fit?

Interesting... in my experience... since my face is not perfectly symmetrical, my X Metals initially don't fit perfectly but I adjust them a little and the will flex and give and sit properly. If I take them off and lay them down both arms will not touch the table but I can flex them a little and the give and I can get both arms to touch the table. If I put them on again, they won't fit perfectly I can adjust... I think this is how they were designed to work.

I've actually seen a gap difference between bridge and orbitals differing from right to left even from new frames. I remember taking back a replacement Juliet frame for the exact same reason erap's picture shows and they gave me another frame.