• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Flex Couplers for X Metals: Now with full body hugs <3

U

Username Hidden

Friends, I'm happy to finally offer new and unique Flex Coupler replacement parts available. Fits Juliet, XX, X-Squared, Penny, Mars & Romeo 2.

This is a design I've been working on for several years since I broke open my first X Metal bridge and discovered what the Flex Coupler piece looked like when it wasn't dissolved to a mystery goo. What I discovered was that the OEM piece did not offer protection at the top and bottom sides of the orbital tab. This allowed the frames to be tight on the front to back flex, but loose on the up to down flex. I set out to create a design which offers protection on all sides of the tab, completely filling the nose bridge cavity with shock absorbing rubber! The result is a "Full Rubber Jacket" 360 degree wrap around design offering full protection and shock absorption at the nose bridge juncture.

Pieces are manufactured in the USA using high density industrial grade rubber for maximum shock absorption and longevity, utilizing an injection molding process to create a part that is both durable and structurally sound at very tight tolerances. The flex couplers were designed to fit all years and models of X Metals, and most of us here know well that every frame is unique in size so some trimming will be required for proper fit.

If you are working on your own frames and using these parts, understand that alignment is critical when pushing the pins back in. Insert pin crooked and apply too much force and you'll blow your bridge holes out. The pin goes in with little force if aligned correctly. Measure twice trim once, or just send them to me to fix for you and save some stress =)

Price: $15/pair Paypal G&S orders@oxm.parts
Free shipping to US 50 states. All other destinations +$12.50 flat shipping with tracking.

Flex Couplers
Nose Bridge Tuneup Service

IMG_3198.JPGIMG_3036.JPGIMG_3194.JPGIMG_3030.JPG IMG_3031.JPG IMG_3039.JPG IMG_3040.JPG IMG_3041.JPG IMG_3135.jpgIMG_3121.jpgIMG_3042.JPG

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Phenomenal dedication to the Xmetal cause!

Awesome. Im sure this will be tight when insatalled.

Oh snap! I have no doubt these will be a great improvement to what is currently available.

After looking at the pictures, are these individually numbered? That's pretty cool, like a serial number lol

@saulsaul 2+ years and multiple thousands of dollars invested in to this one.

@SiRacer420 they are individually numbered, the number is the identifier digit of the cavity from which the part came from. The mold has a finite number of cavities so these aren't like serial numbers, more like cavity numbers. The "F" is for Front or Forward.

@pjd1234 They do make the frame tight but due to the rubber properties still have just bit of flex. With wear they will conform to the dimensions of your face and head making the frame more comfortable and "sticky" to your skull.

Last edited:
<3 <3 <3 @scienergy thanks for the awesome offering! Ɛ> Ɛ> Ɛ>

I do not need any personally, as I stashed some OEM couplers once upon a time, but this is worthy of a formal 'Thank You' regardless - Long Live Our X-Metals!!!!!

The F on each part denotes forward or front

Username Hidden said:
The F on each part denotes forward or front
Correct -- because they are cut at an angle, long side at the front and short side at the back, to match the contour curve of the X Metal orbital tab such as the OEM flex couplers did. If you install it backwards it won't fit right.

I'd like to try a set