• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flipper Or Scalper?

Is there much difference? Where's the line?

Is finding a deal with the intention to flip wrong? If not, is flipping for 25% profit wrong? If not, is 100% profit? 200%?

Or is the difference all of the verbiage about 'Rare!' and discontinued and Gen1, blah blah?

Exactly my question.
Not judging, merely observing but certainly eyebrow-raising.
Maybe that is what the area in-between flipping and scalping is called.

Ehh I don't think id call it either. I kinda poked around that users feedback history and most of the time it doesn't look like hes making a killing on a lot of this stuff. There is a profit for sure, id call it re-representation of an item that wasn't listed all that well.

Oakley Crosshair 2 0 Polarized Gold Bronze Sunglasses Glasses 004044 02 Mens | eBay

He just got feedback for buying this, lol good deal to say the least. Everyone else missedthe boat on this and I'm sure hell make a killing on it, cant say I blame him

There are worst things than a flipper or scalper and that's a scammer. I think we should be more concerned with people who do that. Times are tough and I don't blame a person for selling over priced items. Designer eyewear is a luxury not a necessity. If you have a problem with the price I always say don't buy it.

Betcha this dudes on this forum, buying stuff from all of us and selling for profit on ebay. Probably reading this thread too, as he laughs quietly to himself

flipper, scalper, same difference. kinda like some of people that are here in this forum. there will be people like that as long as people buy from them.

just my $0.02

If you make a living off buying stuff on ebay cheap and selling it for more money... that's your job. I can't really find a fault in that. If you collect Oakleys and find a really good deal and want to sell it right away, use an auction format. Then nobody can complain at the selling price.

I bought a 24k XX on ebay for $100. When it arrived, it was in better condition than the one I already owned. So I sold my old 24k XX on here. It sold for more than the new one cost me, but less than I bought it on here for originally. I don't see anything wrong with that. If I'd immediately listed the new one for $550 on here, I'd think I was in this for the wrong reasons.

I've followed kblis auctions before, and reached the decision that I have no intention of every buying something from him.

Back