• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flipper Or Scalper?

She has been doing this for a long time, she has bought a few items from me in the past with her other account and then I see it up for sale on this account... Wrong? Naaa... Maybe it sucks, but its why I educate myself daily on values of items I own by tracking current prices on those peices... My mistake in those cases for selling for less than market value at the time I guess...

Those were available for at least a day as I recall so all had a reasonable shot at them.
And it is the next buyer's decision what this item is worth to them so that is a decision for someone else to make- just as I made one when I passed.
It was merely a WTF moment when I saw them relisted and available again for $200 more than I had just watched them sell for.

I too had a WTF moment when i sold her my Gen 1 racing jackets that i had painted with the metallic Champagne paint from Northwest Hydro Printing. And the day she received them she had them up for FOUR TIMES what i sold them to her for. But what kinda irks me is the description she put.. mine said this

"Oakley Racing Jacket Generation 1 with a CUSTOM Professionally done Champagne metallic Paint Job.
This frame was originally black but as with all early Oakley Racing Jackets the logo on the front had a tendency to rub off. So When it did I contacted a company called northwest hydroprinting, that did an incredible job painting this frame. As I stated its a Champagne Goldish metallic flake with a Clear Coat finish. Pictures don't do it justice. The lenses are Gold Iridium. The Nosebombs have been trimmed a little bit but that does not effect the fit at all. No Major scratches on lenses or frames. You will never see another frame this color again. Glasses only no bag nor case. But they will be packaged incredibly well."

Hers said this
"Up for sale today is a 100% authentic and RARE Oakley Pro Racing Jacket with RARE Fmj 24K Gold frame and Gold Iridium lenses. You will not find this color combo anywhere else. Mint condition. This is the Pro version, which the hinges do not fold. Be the only one around rocking this color combo"

ITS NOT FMJ! And the paint job is not by oakley! A total false description!

I too had a WTF moment when i sold her my Gen 1 racing jackets that i had painted with the metallic Champagne paint from Northwest Hydro Printing. And the day she received them she had them up for FOUR TIMES what i sold them to her for. But what kinda irks me is the description she put.. mine said this

"Oakley Racing Jacket Generation 1 with a CUSTOM Professionally done Champagne metallic Paint Job.
This frame was originally black but as with all early Oakley Racing Jackets the logo on the front had a tendency to rub off. So When it did I contacted a company called northwest hydroprinting, that did an incredible job painting this frame. As I stated its a Champagne Goldish metallic flake with a Clear Coat finish. Pictures don't do it justice. The lenses are Gold Iridium. The Nosebombs have been trimmed a little bit but that does not effect the fit at all. No Major scratches on lenses or frames. You will never see another frame this color again. Glasses only no bag nor case. But they will be packaged incredibly well."

Hers said this
"Up for sale today is a 100% authentic and RARE Oakley Pro Racing Jacket with RARE Fmj 24K Gold frame and Gold Iridium lenses. You will not find this color combo anywhere else. Mint condition. This is the Pro version, which the hinges do not fold. Be the only one around rocking this color combo"

ITS NOT FMJ! And the paint job is not by oakley! A total false description!

So did you report her?

No I didn't know I could for just that.
I just looked at ebays report item thing and i couldn't find a reason to choose form for "inaccurate description"

Well if he/she is claiming them to be a rare FMJ when they are a paint job, and his/her feedback shows she bought them as a custom paint job, then I would say they can be reported as a fake/replica item, because they aren't FMJ. I sent him/her an email asking to explain how his/her feedback shows they were bought as a custom paint job and is now claiming they are an FMJ finish. I have yet to hear back.

I've reported it as a replica/fake. I suggest you and others do the same and we get the item removed, because it's disgraceful that he/she is openly lying in this way, especially as his/her own feedback clearly shows what they are up to.

jk-27 said:
Well if he/she is claiming them to be a rare FMJ when they are a paint job, and his/her feedback shows she bought them as a custom paint job, then I would say they can be reported as a fake/replica item, because they aren't FMJ. I sent him/her an email asking to explain how his/her feedback shows they were bought as a custom paint job and is now claiming they are an FMJ finish. I have yet to hear back.

I've reported it as a replica/fake.I suggest you and others do the same and we get the item removed, because it's disgraceful that he/she is openly lying in this way, especially as his/her own feedback clearly shows what they are up to.

Thanks so much !!!! That was awesome!

That is wrong no doubt about it. On the other hand about flipping items and such, nothing should be wrong with it at all. Alot of people on here do it with intentions of funding thier collection. I have to in order to afford keeping my metals. If someone is willing to sell and negotiate and its such a deal to where you can flip it, why not. They got what they wanted and you can try and get what you want.
Here is where things get sticky, Buying and playing on one's emotions to get a better deal, then flip for whatever amount more. That is where on the forum it is not right. Selling items all the time saying"help, my wife or girlfriend doesn't like them, please buy them from me, gotta get rid of them" and then the price is normal or high for the item is playing on others emotions. We all want to help someone else out and taking advantage of it is wrong. Now in the case of the above item, where on ebay the item was listed incorrectly and falsely that is horribly wrong. Ruins sales for all of us. Most people just don't like seeing something they just sold sell for more just because the listing is different or done a different way. That is life and there are ways to construct your ads to maximise the sale, but most of us don't research it enough or care to do so. Example, I had a serialized plasma Juliet with New Emerald lenses I dropped to 215 to have it gone, then 199 and it wouldnt sell. Now there are 2-3 same item no serial or higher, selling or sold. Of course its tough but its life also. Choose your battles like the item above and sell items for what you want. As long as you get what you want out of it then be happy. Let others make or break thier name on thier own which in kblis s case hers is toast now. Ruined business for them here and ebay. Oakley products when accused on Ebay for fake, or otherwise will prevent that person from ever listing another. Ruins them completely. Hope all this made sense.

Latest Posts

Back