• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FMJ 5.56 vs. FMJ W Eye Jacket

The first pair of Os I ever owned were Cobalt/+Red EJs. I was 16. The family dog chewed them up so I replaced them with the FMJ Ws. I was able to obtain the Cobalts through @Jacob Carstens and now I'm on the hunt for the FMJ Ws. EJs are a great, iconic, multicolor frame style and in my opinion one of the best Oakley ever made. Now that I've got the gen 1 Cobalts and gen 2 Mustard and FMJ 45mm (gunmetal) I'm hooked again.

It's that Icon design for me. However, hate the hinge weakness.....that's why I longer wear the ones which I only have one pair of in Gen 1.

The gen 2 seem more stable I will admit but I owned the gen 1 of the cobalt and FMJ Ws so those are the ones I want/have. The gunmetal and mustards are gen 2 and if I try to complete the collection (yeah right) I'll collect the gen 2s. I have the gen 2 FMJ Ws on the way but the Oakley is worn on the nose bridge. I wish there was a way to restore it.

The gen 2 seem more stable I will admit but I owned the gen 1 of the cobalt and FMJ Ws so those are the ones I want/have. The gunmetal and mustards are gen 2 and if I try to complete the collection (yeah right) I'll collect the gen 2s. I have the gen 2 FMJ Ws on the way but the Oakley is worn on the nose bridge. I wish there was a way to restore it.

Not sure it's not possible, just needs to be accurate. A stamper would be the best way but it's how to get the precision and the alignment.....

I wouldn't even know where to go for that. I know it's been discussed on the forum before but I don't think there was ever a resolution or a contact provided.

I wouldn't even know where to go for that. I know it's been discussed on the forum before but I don't think there was ever a resolution or a contact provided.

If somebody offered the service for repairing the icon on the nose bridge, I wonder what the popularity of the service would be......?

If somebody offered the service for repairing the icon on the nose bridge, I wonder what the popularity of the service would be......?
It would be overwhelmingly popular. So many frames are in great condition minus the nose bridge that it would increase the value on those frames. People would jump all over it. Invest and be that guy! Lol

It would be overwhelmingly popular. So many frames are in great condition minus the nose bridge that it would increase the value on those frames. People would jump all over it. Invest and be that guy! Lol
That's what the folks that worked on anodizing and plating x metals thought. So many metals and so many colors that could be created - yet so few takers.
I'd be very surprised if @drchop couldn't reproduce that lettering though.

Back