• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying FMJ Copper Half Jacket

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
be careful with that one if you do a lens swap....Apparently the base frame in the FMJ models is the same as the one for Jet Black, which is what I had just snap in half! I was totally easy on it too. Nice score though, I like the copper stuff.
Wow...really? I would think that the black frames would be one of the most sturdy, considering their prevalence. I would have actually been more concerned with chipping the FMJ finish during a HJ lens swap than breaking the frame. HJs can usually stand a lot of punishment. But thanks for the heads up Doc.

Some people reacted to this post.
I was blown away. But it wasn't a polished black, rater a jet black frame which is painted. First frame I have broken since the OG Straight Jackets and Eye Jackets.

What color was the frame under the Jet Black finish? I always assumed they would use a matte black frame as the base for a black painted frame...

Hopefully you hadn't just finished a custom paint job when the frame snapped on you. :(