• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FMJ Fast Jacket

So another pair popped up on CL near me so it got me wondering again about why these are randomly showing up in people's hands.

I did a Google search and found a San Diego area based bike shop that is also listing these for release on 11/1/11 (US Time Format)

Oakley Fast Jacket XL Chrome Sunglass - Blue Iridium Lens | Nytro Multisport

Maybe Oakley decided to allow small shops/online retailers sell handfuls of whatever they had produced? And since Oakley doesn't list or sell them, anyone who calls in for warranty they'll just say they don't have parts or a stock of new ones so they'll just offer up the 20% on another pair?

It actually makes sense to me. I remember someone here posted about how he complained to Oakley Customer Support about their BMX Jawbones where he had a receipt from an authorized retailer. Oakley didn't have parts so they offered him 20% off a replacement pair and to keep the BMX Jawbone. They could technically handle the FMJ Fast Jackets the same way.

This makes a lot of sense!!

I see Chain Reaction Cycles have pushed the date back to the 29th November. Odd as Oakley say on their Twitter feed that the FMJ Fast Jacket is discontinued.

We've known they were discontinued for quite some time. What we don't know is if Oakley has distributed what they had already produced to smaller shops like chain reaction. Also don't know how many actually exist.

now the bike shop selling these online, pushed back the shipping dates a few times, and now they aren't available for order anymore. dammit! SpliceD you know what i'm talking abt, the shop in question. bummer.

now the bike shop selling these online, pushed back the shipping dates a few times, and now they aren't available for order anymore. dammit! SpliceD you know what i'm talking abt, the shop in question. bummer.

Damn that sucks. It's truly an awesome piece for collectors.

On the other hand, now i have a really rare piece. I wish i knew how many are actually out there.

Damn that sucks. It's truly an awesome piece for collectors.

On the other hand, now i have a really rare piece. I wish i knew how many are actually out there.

my answer is: not many, and doubt anyone will ever know how many ever made it out. like someone mentioned before, these could be the new DF 2.0 gascans.

Just called Seattle...out of stock but they said Oakley has in stock and they can order for me...sure! Lol

Back