• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FMJ Watch

kvan345

Oakley Beginner
I purchased my FMJ watch January 2012 and have #40. Recently the winding mechanism quit working, not what you would expect from a $9,000 watch.
I took it to Oakley headquarters walk in warranty dept. and was told the design people were not available so I left the watch there being told I would be contacted the next day; I was not. I called them the day after and spoke to the tech I had originally left the watch with, he told me that he had not heard back from the design dept, as it turns out the watch was never taken to the design department but after my call it made it's way there. I was later told the watch was opened and the self winding mechanism was determined to be flawed in some way and would need to be replaced. I was also told that the parts to be replaced would have to be ordered.
I have no idea when the watch will be returned, Oakley's lackadaisical approach and response to my situation has been very frustrating. Their attitude seems to be we will fix it when we get around to it. Not the kind of service one would expect for their "Elite" product.

Thanks.
By the way I got the watch back three days later.
Still not the kind of quality you would expect for the price of this product.

Thanks.
By the way I got the watch back three days later.
Still not the kind of quality you would expect for the price of this product.

I am a big Oakley fan, but before I spent 9K on a watch, I would pick up a Rolex Platinum Yachtmaster......Oakley should be bending over backwards to assist you.....

Glad you got it repaired, sweet watch and only 100 of them around. I understand it didn't start well but 3 days seems to me a fairly quick turn around. No Rolex for me, my wife has one, serviced twice for broken parts. I couldn't tell one model from another as to me they all look alike. Still got to keep her happy, we are selling it for another model she likes better. I guess she can tell the difference.

Thanks to all of you who replied. My point exactly, why should this watch have to be repaired so soon? Oakley's ho hum attitude toward the whole incident was very discouraging.
Thanks for your support.
PS: looking back on it now I don't think the watch was assembled correctly from the beginning; sure works better now.

Service.

Is it just me thinking it or is Oakley slowly going down?

I hate to agree but unfortunately I do!
I was visiting some family in San Diego and had them drive me all the way to L.A. To see the Oakley headquarters and was standing in front of a awesome pair of the full Carbon Fiber C-Six and wanted to try it on before buying it.
Well the sales guy says to me "well do you plan on buying it" So I said, well maybe not today but yes and I would like to try it on first. So he said "have you tried on the Pit Boss" I said yes I have two pairs. He said " it's the same" WTF
So even though I could have bought it I told myself to get it somewhere else and WTF again. They sold out shortly after.
Now I'm stuck offering people as high as $6000.00 and they won't budge. If only there was a better sales person that day I would own one today. So I say thanks to that A$$ that helped me that day. But I will own one some day!
I just pray that I come across a collector like myself that isn't looking to get rich of one pair of sunglasses.

Sorry for the sob story guys. It just really sucks.

I sent my oakley timebomb to get one of the rubber pads replaced in Australia. Took 1 month.
I kept asking for updates and so forth and was told that in the WHOLE of Australia, there is only 1 person who 'fixes' Oakley watches. Wtf!

Back