• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Follow The Journey! From Louisiana To Disneyland. And All The Vaults In Between :-)

Newport Beach is nice. There's Fashion Island with a ton of high end shopping (no Oakley stores though), and Balboa Island is a nice quaint little town. I never knew the chocolate dipped banana originated from there, but you can also get those inside Disneyland :lol: so if that's all you're going for, you're just wasting gas.

Corona Del Mar is nice too. The tide pools are there, which might be fun for your kids.

If you're coming from Disneyland, it's probably better to visit the beach first as you'll be back-tracking if you go HQ first. From, Disneyland, go South on the 5 and then head 55 South. The 55 ends and turns into Newport Blvd, which will take you straight down to Newport Beach. Corona Del Mar is just south of Newport, but you need to head back up to Pacific Coast Hwy (PCH 1) and go south for a bit.

When you're ready to go to HQ, hop back on the 55 (unless you did make it to Corona Del Mar, you can go up Jamboree) to the 405 South. The 405 South ends and turns into the 5 and you'll be back on your way. Exit Lake Forest Dr and go north all the way up to Portola Prky, make a right. Then make a left at Glenn Ranch Rd. and a quick right on Ellipse. You'll end up at 1 Icon. Welcome to HQ.

There's not a whole lot to do at HQ, so don't expect to spend more than an hour or two there.

When you're ready to go to Carlsbad/SD, just hop back on the 5 south and you're golden.

Baby girl and I on the carousel , I have had three people take pictures of me lol
d3b837e6.jpg

If you do get the chance, do hit up the O Store in the Irvine Spectrum. Not much different from other O Stores, but it is O Store #1 (the first one ever).

Back