• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Food Joints, Post The Best Ones You Know.

tmac777311

Oakley Beginner
If any of you are like me, you enjoy eating food and/or great restaurants. And since you are all Oakley fans you obviously have good taste! So share your insights with fellow O-forum members. Suggestions from all over the globe are welcome and appreciated!!! Doesn't matter if it is your hometown spot or some place you just stumbled upon while on vacation. Notice the title says Food Joints. Your 75$ (or more) Filet Mignon is NOT served at a "food joint". I will go first.

Minneapolis (my hometown)

1. White Trash Burger at Burger Jones. It's a hamburger stacked with velveeta cheese, cheese curds, and chicken fried bacon. You can add a fried egg as well if you choose. Absolutely delicious, though you can actually hear your arteries clogging up while you eat it.

2. The Meterwurst at Gastoff's. It's a meter-long sausage, looks like a cinnamon roll when it comes out. Also Gastoff's is a great place to hang. Boots of (strong German) beer, waitresses with snuff for the nose, and guys playing accordion/polka drinking songs while you eat.

Chicago (semi-frequent visitor)

1. Kuma's Corner

Another great burger joint, it's small and there is no such thing as a reservation so be prepared to wait. All they play is death metal, there wallpaper is all death metal posters/sample tattoo's and I'm pretty sure you need at least 20 tattoo's just to fill out an application to work there. The burgers are delicious, and they are all named after Metal bands. I recommend the Megadeath.

2. Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company.

Go and order a Pizza Pot pie, they make it at your table. A great (and unique) take on pizza in a town that is known for it.

Park City Utah

1. Park City Deli

Not even sure if this place is still around, but back in high school I said it was the best cheeseburger I ever had. Then I went to college and went out to a local burger joint with my roommate (from South Dakota). He said (without any preface mid you) "yeah these burgers are good but not nearly as good as the burger's from the Park City Deli."

San Diego (semi frequent work destination, which means I eat out alot here)

1. Dirty Birds

Get Wings. Try alot of them, They are all good.

2. South Beach Bar and Grille

Fried Oyster Tacos. If you like oysters these are delicious

3. Blue Point Coastal Cuisine.

All of the seafood I've had is good, probably the best in the gaslamp, but the chocolate dessert cake is AMAZING

4. Nippon Sushi.

There are more expensive Sushi joints, but they aren't any better.

5. Underbelly

Just discovered this place. It is like the adult version of raman noodles, and then you can add whatever you want to your raman noodle bowl (like Octopus and Bacon wrapped mushrooms)

New Orleans

1. Deanie's

Order a plate of Char-broiled oysters, thank me later.

Tijuana Mexico (another work destination)

1. Walter Taco's.

Order 2 Combo Taco's (half shrimp/half octopus)... then order two more, then probably a 5th (don't worry, they are like 1.25$ apiece). Please note that Oakleyandi has confirmed that this spot is delicious via a random PM (though he is partial to the Tuna)

Philly

1. Jim's

Geno's is more well known, but this place served a better Philly Cheesesteak (IMO, probably gonna take flack for this). Plus the first time I went all I really wanted on my cheesesteak was some peppers. Unfortunately for me I "didn't know how to order" in Philly terms. Yada yada, I am at the cash register paying for a sandwich without peppers on it (and it was still delicious).

Iowa City

Semi random spot, but it is where I went to college

1. Quinton's

The sandwiches are delicious, and the big girl margarita's are usually cheap. I recommend the Nelson Philly but I have never had a bad sandwich here. They also have a spot in Lawrence Kansas as well fwiw.

Anyway, I can't be the only one with some good eatin spots at a decent price, so let the forum know!!!

lol im from park city utah.

Luigi's delicatessen in my city has some damn good sandwiches. put's subway to shame.

Tortilleria El Molino - amazing mexican food, they even make their own tortilla's, that you can buy and take home. Their burrito's are delicious. I go with pork burrito's, and they are cheap, but very very well made.

I have yet to find a reasonably priced sushi shop that has great sushi.
there are a couple but the names i cant think of right now.

I have to just confirm those delicious tacos served at Walter's... the combo shrimp/octopus... or the fantastic Tuna... WOW.. !!!
There's also a place in San Diego, a burger joint called The Water Front... amazing burgers... !!!! and since I just love Buffalo Wings I gotta agree with TMAC on Dirty Birds.

Has anyone said KFC yet? I know it's not very common but if you can find one the original recipe is a must. Keep an eye out

I had to chuckle at this one.... while it may be rare down under, there are 8-10 of them within 20 minutes of me here. But if we are talking fried chicken chains... Churchs is the best. Mom and pop would be Bud's in Bentonville, AR. pressure cooked fried chicken!

I just ate at a restaraunt tonight called "The Pineapple" in Brisbane, Australia. Had myself a medium/rare, 450 day grain fed Wagyu rump. Cost $106 per kilogram (thanks to work). Was absolutely amazing!!

Back