1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

I found a way to remove Jawbone/RJ Thrubolts when the jaw is stripped and the bolt just spins. Take a Glue Dot, one of the sticky round dots used for posters, and stick it to the outside end of the bolt (the colored side). While applying pressure on the dot with your left thumb, unscrew the bolt with your right hand. Works every time. I have used this trick on stripped X metal screws as well, but that has only worked maybe 20% of the time (putting the Glue Dot on the tip of the driver). For Jawbone/RJ, it has never failed.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

Old thread, but on an old Split jacket it was completely stuck and had to be drilled out. Tried the above as well. Might have been corrosion from salt exposure that caused it, the other thru bolt came out with something similar to the above method and had a bit of corrosion and salt residue. I'll see if I can sweet talk Oakley into sending me a gloss black thru bolt to replace the one I had to drill out..

3. Rcga32

Rcga32 Oakley Enthusiast

FYI , Art's Cyclery is selling OEM thru bolt sets on eBay for $5 +shipping. I just got 3 (red,green and chrome).

4. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

I'm in Norway and shipping is a bit steep... But thanks for info (I think they just had Chrome and white last time I checked)