• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For The Prescription Guys Here

Any updates on the frames?

+1. This is what my friend did with his Holbrook. A little big for a prescription but they look nice!

Nope, no word yet. He's still waiting on my "Half-X" frames to come back. I really hope it does because I had placed this order on January 8...
I'd like to have it by my birthday (Feb 13) but I think that's wishful thinking...

Yeah, I noticed that the retro look doesn't really fit me and my "style" for lack of better words. Even the "Pit Boss" is a little dodgy for me because of the thickness of the frames. But I suppose those are the only thick frame ones that look good.
I also have a pair of X-Metal framed "Half-X" in the mail and should be receiving them sometime this week. But as for my polished "Half-X" Rx, that's still pending...

OakleyHalf-XX-MetalFrame.jpg

Here's what I got in the mail. It's the "Half-X" (X-Metal Frames). It's not my original Polished frames.

One thing I did notice is that it's a little "warped". Placing it flush with my face, the left part of these tend to touch my face more. I feel as if the right arm is a lot looser. What is the right screwdriver to tighten this bad boy up?

Here's what I got in the mail. It's the "Half-X" (X-Metal Frames). It's not my original Polished frames.

One thing I did notice is that it's a little "warped". Placing it flush with my face, the left part of these tend to touch my face more. I feel as if the right arm is a lot looser. What is the right screwdriver to tighten this bad boy up?

Hmm... I'd be pissed! That's why I haven't sent in my Polished Serialized Juliets... God only knows what I'd get back.

The screws should be T6...

I rock two pairs of RX frames... Ti Spikes (think WHY 3) and Corkscrew 4.0.

I've been thinking about some RX lenses for my Flaks, Gascan S and Fuel Cells.

Ok so I decided that im gonna get the Juliets as my new prescription wear. I sent her out today so it's gonna be a couple of weeks before I get them. I'll get pics up as soon as I do!

Where are you guys sending out your frames for RX lenses? Have a pair of Gascan's S with RX but the script is out of date. I haven't been able to find anyone who will make new lenses.

Ok so I decided that im gonna get the Juliets as my new prescription wear. I sent her out today so it's gonna be a couple of weeks before I get them. I'll get pics up as soon as I do!

Good choice IMO. Go with transition lens with the Juliet.

X-Metal Frames will work fine with a prescription, and look totally bad-ass. I've seen plenty of people do it. BUT, For all-day comfort and originality, I'd go with the Pit Boss. Actually, this really makes me want to buy a Boss in Polished Black or Rootbeer and have Rx lenses installed!

My Rx glasses:

O3 - Titanium
O3 - Pewter
T-Wire 2.0
Square Wire 2.0 Rx sunglasses

Next project will be a Ducati Transistor

Latest Posts

Back