• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Forgive Me, Oakley Forum, For I Have Been Unfaithful..

Feelin' Froggy

Oakley Beginner
I went to the mall yesterday and stopped by the Sunglass Hut, to see if they had any info on the Acid Torts release date. I started trying on a few pairs of Oaks they had. (Including the Jupiter Squared w/the Jade..Loved the lens, hated the frame..but I digress).

I noticed a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers on the wall, black rubber w/crystal green lenses. I figured, "Why not try them on? It can't hurt, can it?". God help me, I looked badass in them, if I do say so myself. But I didn't buy them, as I've been an Oakley man for 17 years. :cool:

However, as last night went on and I had more and more beers at the local bar, I found myself thinking more about the pair of sunglasses I passed up, than even the hot brunette at the next table. Still I stayed strong..

Until this afternoon, when even after sleeping on it (ok..passed-out on it..), I made a trip back to the mall and picked up the Wayfarers.

I'm here to admit my infidelity, and seek forgiveness. I will still always rock my 8 pairs Frogs, pair of Jupiters, and pair of original Fives, but have just added a "little brother" to the mix.

Have any of you ever strayed before? If so, let me (and the rest of the group) know, so that the healing process can begin.. :wink:

I've been faithful for 6 years.
Never even been tempted to stray :0(
Haha
;0)

There are a couple of members here that have Raybans. I have been pure Oakley for 3 years but Raybans are still awesome sunnies. I tend to not like them because they are a little tight around my ears area and have a wired slant. Atleast the wayfarer I tried on did.

I owned a few cheaper brands before I got my first pair of Oakleys, but I've been on the straight and narrow despite some tough competition for about 8 years now.

just because they are owned by the same company doesn't mean they make the same product. The level of quality coming from a pair of Ray-Ban's are nothing compared to a pair of Oakley's. Just take the lenses for example.

Back