• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Forgive Me, Oakley Forum, For I Have Been Unfaithful..

I recently bought the Persol Steve McQueen releases :)

They fold into a size barely bigger than a lens! Gave them to my fiancé though!

Ever since wearing frogs, I'm used to feeling almost no weight on my face as they're plastic. So I can't go back to Ray-Bans. They are heavy as ****!

They are also owned by Luxottica so it's still in the family as well :)

Speaking of being unfaithful, I see Ray-Ban have some limited edition print Wayfarer frames coming out.

My first thought is, if they can do this for Wayfarers why not Frogskins? I mean come on Oakley, please, mix it up! I might even consider getting me pair number 3.

In my opinion RayBan does way too many Limited Edition styles...

I have many different brands that I have worn and still switch occasionally since my Oakley's are very limited currently

My everyday pair are Revo Overhang's (Revo is owned by Oakley)...if I don't have those on my I always have some Maui Jim Makaha's ...I also have a pair of Prada PR61MS that I wear when I am a bit more dressed up

The Revo's are definitely my favorite brand as far as polarized performance goes

^^^^Revo is not owned by Oakley, they are designed and manufactured by Oakley. Luxottica is the company that owns them, as well as them owning Oakley. The advantage to Revo is that they add a "element shed" coating on the lenses, kinda like the hydrophobic on the Oakleys but it is a ton better and doesn't wear off easily.

^^^^Revo is not owned by Oakley, they are designed and manufactured by Oakley. Luxottica is the company that owns them, as well as them owning Oakley. The advantage to Revo is that they add a "element shed" coating on the lenses, kinda like the hydrophobic on the Oakleys but it is a ton better and doesn't wear off easily.

Entirely possible I could've sworn Oakley owned revo ( Oakley acquired revo around '05 ) before they were acquired by luxottica( luxottica acquired Oakley in '07) but I am not 100% I apologize if that is inaccurate

Entirely possible I could've sworn Oakley owned revo ( Oakley acquired revo around '05 ) before they were acquired by luxottica( luxottica acquired Oakley in '07) but I am not 100% I apologize if that is inaccurate

Revo and rayban were acquired by Luxottica back in 1999 then when lux acquired Oakley they gave the brand to oakley to redesign. Which is what we see today.

I'm sure Persol knows its clientele, both dead and alive, but it would very much surprise me - given what I know about the life of Steve McQueen - that he would give any time at all to folding up his sunglasses and carrying them in a little leather purse.

Sorry but I just don't see it.

Back