1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. mikeran

mikeran Oakley Beginner

Hello all. My name is Mike and I hail from the great state of Louisiana. I used to work as a rep for Oakley just out of college for about 3 years. I left when the company changed some upper management and the entire pay structure. I was a fan of the product long before working there, though. I got my first pair of Razor Blades along with a pair of Gargoyles in junior high. I was hooked on eyewear from there. After experimenting with Revo, Oakley, and several other "high-end" glasses.... I was hooked on the Oakley image and everything like it. I actually was working for Oakley and launched Shoe One, Shoe Two, and Juliets in the Louisiana/Arkansas markets. I got my first pair of Juliets as a prototype about a year prior to their release. I have had EVERYTHING Oakley makes at least once or twice..... unfortunately, due to life.... I have since sold most of the good stuff, and I now regret every moment of it. Anyway, I am now a federal law enforcement agent (Special Investigator to be specific), and I am still an avid collector. Nice to meet everyone here, and I look forward to many great conversations!! Oh yeah.... I also own a tattoo shop on the side. I'm not an artist, just an owner.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. TheDutchman92

TheDutchman92 Oakley Enthusiast

Welcome Mikeran, awesome history you have with the company. I have also sold models I regret selling (probably not as rare as yours though) but at the time it seems like a good idea, 20/20 vision of hindsight I guess.

QLR1 likes this.
  3. NW Oakley Fan

NW Oakley Fan Oakley Beginner

Welcome! Question for ya. How did you become a rep? Sounds like a cool job for a new grad.

4. mikeran

mikeran Oakley Beginner

I worked a local motorcycle shop selling (and riding) crotch-rockets, and I became pretty good friends with the rep. When his father got ill, he needed to relocate to Michigan where he was originally from. He put a good word in for me to Jeff Wright, the boss at the time. Jeff and I hit it off when he came to LA to interview me, and hired me the following week. Jeff is now brand manager over the entire footwear/apparel line I believe. Great guy.

5. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

Welcome to the Forum!

6. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum. Maybe with your special investigator skills you can find those difficult to find pairs for us ;)

7. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome fellow LEO...Enjoy the forum...

8. Mrs H

Mrs H First Lady of Oakley Forum (IG pinkspottycow)

Welcome to the forum M :0)

9. hollygrove

hollygrove Oakley Beginner

Welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.lol

10. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

welcome bro...I can relate to the wish I hadn't part of things lol...