• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Online Store To Buy Racing Jacket Bolts And Jaws

yikes! thanks for the heads up. Scared to inquire about shipping. May end up being more than I paid for the frames

most of the time it 32 dollar ship to USA. I have ordered: red, yellow, blue, green, orange icons off of the same ebay seller in europe , he ships pretty fast.

I enquired about changing jaws on the racing jackets with oakley customer services and they have told me it cant be done as the thru bolt has loc-tite on so that the bolts dont come loose. Is this nonsense or correct I can copy the email I recived on here if its of any use.. thanks

I enquired about changing jaws on the racing jackets with oakley customer services and they have told me it cant be done as the thru bolt has loc-tite on so that the bolts dont come loose. Is this nonsense or correct I can copy the email I recived on here if its of any use.. thanks
That's a load of crap! The bolts unscrew easily with a T-20 torx screw driver. There isn't loc-tite or any other adhesive/thread locker on the bolt at all.

I also would have thought that only I can undo one off the bolts the other was too tight and has rounded off the bit that should keep it in place, does that make sense-not sure if ive worded it well?

The Racing Jacket is not designed to have the jaws removed from the frame. To change the lenses the jaw is unclicked at the nose bridge, the thru-bolt then acts as a pivot and the jaw swings down.

The jaws are not interchangeable, the bolts are actually treated with loc-tite to keep the bolt secured, so attempting to force this open can result in damaging the frame.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

RONNIE LOVERIDGE

EUROPEAN CUSTOMER CARE

This is the email I received

The Racing Jacket is not designed to have the jaws removed from the frame. To change the lenses the jaw is unclicked at the nose bridge, the thru-bolt then acts as a pivot and the jaw swings down.

The jaws are not interchangeable, the bolts are actually treated with loc-tite to keep the bolt secured, so attempting to force this open can result in damaging the frame.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

RONNIE LOVERIDGE

EUROPEAN CUSTOMER CARE

This is the email I received

I am pretty sure if you went to a store and had a custom pair built for you they aren't going to be using loc-tite. I've never had too much of an issue changing the jaws. Some are tight, some are loose...giggity.

Back