• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fox Glasses

that was my guess!

Lightweight O Matter ® Frame
Screwed in Metal Fox Logo Plate
5 Barrel Stainless Optical Grade Hinges
Plutonite ® Twin Toric Lens Technology
High Definition Optics ®
Polarized and Iridium ® Lens Options Available
100% UVA, UVB, UVC protection

looks pretty close to Oakley...

Descriptions say the frame is O-Matter. I thought everything about them is Oakley except the name/branding.

That was my understanding too - that Fox design new ear-stems etc around existing Oakley lens styles, then Oakley manufacture the frames to that Fox design. In other words, there is a cross-over between Fox and Oakley glasses in terms of lenses used, as Oakley don't cut new shaped lenses for the Fox range.

I've asked this question on another thread, with no reply, but does anyone have a list of which Fox frames use which Oakley frame lenses?
Would be interesting.

looks like they do "artwork" as well....

foxdz.jpg

Looks like an Oil Rig!

@Herb
who owns any Fox glasses if you can get Oakleys?!?!
hi hi

@BAPD
that was my first idea after i found those Fox glasses....

@Herb
who owns any Fox glasses if you can get Oakleys?!?!

I was thinking of lenses.
What if, for example, one of the Fox range has a lens that can be used in an Oakley frame, but is no longer available to buy on Oakley website? In those circumstances would it be worth buying just for the lenses?
If you see what I mean.

hmmm if you can´t find it on ebay . . . would be an option!
for this you have to check every single Fox glasses which is available to find out which lens could fit. . .
damn sounds like hard work :tongue:

Indeed - which was why I was wondering whether someone 'in the know' had a list of which Fox glasses use which Oakley lens styles.

Or I could take my Oakley collection into a Fox dealer and stand around swapping lenses out. haha

You'll know when I have done this when I open a thread called "Woohoo! 24k for my Hijinx!"

Actually I'm not even sure we have a Fox dealer in the UK, so this all could be a moot point.

I just thought it was interesting that Oakley make glasses in different styles for another company, when we are all sitting around eagerly awaiting some new styles from Oakley themselves.
Please see my other thread about this - http://www.oakleyforum.com/off-topic/1249-fox-racing.html

Back