1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Scrivah

Scrivah Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,

Got a slick new pair of Batwolf glasses! Got a really simple question for you guys. Just curious if changing out my lenses on a regular basis will cause any type of frame deterioration in the long run. I would like to buy a few different lenses for various types of weather/lighting conditions. I would say max lens changes would be about 2 per day on average. I guess my main concern would be the rounding out of the areas that hold the lens to the frame, therefor making the lens loose. Its my first pair of Oakleys so hopefully someone knows the answer!

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

They way they snap in and out I dont see it being a problem over time. That might be a good question for Oakley Customer Service though. They might hook you up if it happens but I pop my lenses out on my Mframes, Batwolf, and Antix every few weeks to clean them and havent noticed it getting any easier to pop them in and out.

3. s3sunruh

s3sunruh Oakley Collector

Well I am pretty sure Oakley will just tell you that they don't recommend changing the lenses in a lifestyle frame on a regular basis as they were not designed for it. Personally, I use a pair of glasses like radars or the new racing jackets to adjust for changing light conditions as they were intended to do as such. And maybe if you are super concerned about frame wear, grab another frame (just the frame with no lenses) off of ebay to keep as a spare or to keep a specific lens type in so you don't have to change as often. There is no shame in owning more than one pair!

4. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

That frame was never built to change lens on a regular basis, so over time you stretch it and you will probably notice the lens fitting looser over time.

5. dcl10

dcl10 Oakley Beginner

I used to do that on my racing jackets (the old ones), and the lenses fit a little loose now. When training twice a day, i would use a clear lens during the morning, and switch to a regular one later on in the day. That frame was not designed for frequent lens changes. Once every week or so it probably fine, but more than that and i would be cautious.

6. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

Yeah, I agree on this.

7. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

I'm sure that BAPD has had a thread on here about the coating chipping on the frame from changing them about. Not something that I'd want to be doing on the shield lens because of the size of it.

8. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Maybe you should think of a pair of sport frames. Radar locks, Radars or the flax. Split jacket or the racing jacket. Interchange the lenses multiple times a day.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

nuff said in here *going about my business*

10. Scrivah

Scrivah Oakley Beginner

Thanks guys appreciate it! Everything everyone said makes sense, So I will look into a pair that is designed to have the lenses changed frequently! I do need a sport pair for mountainbiking however they all seem to sit really high on my nose. So far the batwolfs seem to be the only pair that have a really good fit on my face