• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frame Finishes

GenericMIKE

Oakley Enthusiast
Good morning, or depending on where you're reading this, good afternoon, good evening or good night!

After having titanium installed in my hand earlier this year during a football accident... I'm interested in adding some titanium to my eyes.

As an Apple Watch Ultra and iPhone 15 Pro Max (in the natural titanium color) user, which X-Metal models' frames appear closest to those colors used by Apple? Thank you!

Also, for example I have a plasma frame, do different model years have different tints of plasma? Or did manufacturing have a hard time even keeping the same year's model frame color consistent?

Thank you again.

Mike 🫡

Oh! And please feel free to post pictures as well! I'd greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:
Yes a couple different plasma finishes. The top is first gen. Bone plasma. Then the orbitals on the bottom is 2nd gen plasma. Bone is rough feeling compared to smooth of the newer plasma finish

KIMG1731.JPG

Yes a couple different plasma finishes. The top is first gen. Bone plasma. Then the orbitals on the bottom is 2nd gen plasma. Bone is rough feeling compared to smooth of the newer plasma finish

View attachment 1100072
Loving the look of the bone plasma! Seems to have that more matte look like the iPhone. The bottoms are Ti02s right?

Also I saw on o-review some Romeo’s, Juliet’s, and Penny’s had a frame color called “titanium” do you have any images of that color possibly?

Back