• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglasses Frames For Small Faces?

ajwilson20

Oakley Enthusiast
Plymouth, UK
Taking inspiration from the thread asking for frames for large faces I thought I would ask what sunglasses frames best suit smaller faces. I always find that the glasses that I like the best when looking on the Oakley website turn out to be really disappointing when I see them in real life when I realize they are far too big for my face. I have been looking at fuel cells as I really like some of the designs of them like the infinite hero but I think that they are far too big for me

I have a set of fives squared that seem to fit well and im looking to get a pair of flak jackets or half jacket 2.0's in the future but am I right that the XLJ versions are the same size frame with the different lenses as I prefer the look of the XLJ models.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the XLJ (or XL) is just taller lenses in the same frame.

Some smaller pairs to check out would be the Gascan (not really small, but similar style and smaller than the Fuel Cell), Twenty, Minute, Unknown, Monster Pup... There have been a few over the years, not too sure what's out currently if you're looking to go buy them at an O Store.

Twitch, Montefrio, Style Switch, Frogskin, Sideways, Gascan, Gascan S, Fives, Minutes, Twenty, Crankcase, Monster Pup, Tangent.

Just off the top of my head.

Yes, the XLJ (or XL) is just taller lenses in the same frame...

Exactly. The XL in XLJ stands for Extra Large. The frames are identical. The standard lens is a bit more elliptical, whereas the XLJ lens has a flare on the lower outer edge to provide a bit more cheek coverage. Those who find it touches or rides on their cheek may not care for it, but others like the extra coverage it provides. Like all things, YMMV.

Thanks for the replies, I have a few frames I can check out now. I have a sunglass hut in the city centre so I'll pop in there before I decide on anything as the nearest o-store is 120 miles away but I hope to get up there next month to have a nose around.

Also whats the difference between Asian fit frames and standard? Are they any smaller?

http://www.oakley.com/asian-fit

Another good smaller frame is the Canteen but like many mentioned in this thread, they are discontinued but can be obtained on ebay. Sadly, much of Oakley's newer releases as of late have been for medium to large faces/heads. However, most of them are not too exciting IMO so you are not missing out on much.

Herbsley and Rust nailed just about all -as a small faced person can attest...I....on my small face the XLJ Flaks with bigger nosepieces fit great I have 16 and I think they have more of a solid/snug feel than Half Jax 2 and in my case the larger lenses dont touch my cheek. The Straight Jackets may fit u they fit me just great because of the curve on the stems but definitely try first. I am trying to hold to my vow to stay positive on here but smaller frames are getting harder to come by with Oakley lately. I have 4 of the new twenty They were a perfect fit but didnt make it to OCP-or anywhere else- unfortunately.
Edit a ? Is it still unethical to get si stuff if it is from a vault? I have found matte black TWENTY,SJ as well as M D in recent weeks... So these r not all coming from scalpers... I think si thread is closed or would have asked there.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back