• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frames On EBay

taiko19

Oakley Enthusiast
I see a lot of legitimate looking "frame only" auctions on eBay. Curious to know how people typically get there hands on frames. And if anyone has had success with any particular sellers.

Would be interested in picking up a few Radar, M Frame and Holbrook frames.

I've noticed a lot of the sellers on there set up separate auctions for the frames and lenses. My guess is they buy them complete then just separate them when they sell. As always, be wary of scams, but frame only auctions are common.

I recently bought a Cinder Oil Drum frame only from a guy in Hungary and it came in a little bag with a barcode and details for the frame, my guess was that it was left over stock for warrenty replacements.

I picked up a couple loose (as in no accoutrements) M Frames from a guy. Find a best offer auction that has multiples for sale if you're buying multiples.

I think I paid $40 a frame when I bought two. One was a little loose and needed rubber, the other was like new.

I just got these from seller sz_proli http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/sz_proli/
Confirmed as legit by this forum. So yeah it is possible to get genuine frames on ebay
They were also sent from Hungary.

p1020663t.jpg

If you have the right contact you can definately get all parts separate. You just gotta know a rep or someone alike with the right contacts.
Also Ex-Reps usually have a lot of stuff like parts and so on that they sell. I have for example had the Eye Jacket earstems, bought them from someone as a lot (they were about 50 pairs), still with the current frames that are popular I would be very aware of the fact that there are a lot of counterfeits and that they are also getting better and better in producing counterfeits (the Radarlock for example is a pair that they are very good at in the fake industry).
A while ago someone asked me to get him a Radarlock of eBay, which was advertised as a Astana edition. Looked legit, still I knew the colorway was a way that was often seen on counterfeits. That one definately was one, the guy who asked me to buy them for him was definately a veteran collector.

I once got a fake pair if brooks and freaked out in this Hungarian man and he refunded me completely along with an extra ten bucks to change his feedback

I have purchased several "frame only" auctions from a number of sellers and all were legit and fairly good prices. I think if you were to "part out" a pair you could potentially make a few more dollars than selling as a complete pair.

I also just purchased a pair from Hungary. The seller has a high number of all positive feedback and sells a lot of Oakleys so no worries.

Latest Posts

Back