• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frames That Have A Story To Tell

1002744q.jpg&width=640&height=480

I've posted my Carbon/Ice frames before. They are my only pair of X-Metals (for the time being). In the weeks leading up to my son's birth, my wife and mother-in-law began hammering me on what I wanted as a daddy gift. I had been looking through eBay and whatnot for weeks at Juliets and really wanted a pair of XM/Ruby Iridiums. Because of the cost of the Juliets and no way of knowing if they'd fit properly, we compromised and agreed to head to the Oakley Vault in Park City so I could try on a pair after my son was born. Three weeks after he was born we were at the Vault and trying on Juliets, happy that they fit me right. I was bummed that they didn't have any XM/Ruby pairs, but really liked the Carbon frame as well. Decided to go with that and Ice lenses. Now they are Ice Polarized after almost two years of searching for lenses.

1002744q.jpg&width=640&height=480

I've posted my Carbon/Ice frames before. They are my only pair of X-Metals (for the time being). In the weeks leading up to my son's birth, my wife and mother-in-law began hammering me on what I wanted as a daddy gift. I had been looking through eBay and whatnot for weeks at Juliets and really wanted a pair of XM/Ruby Iridiums. Because of the cost of the Juliets and no way of knowing if they'd fit properly, we compromised and agreed to head to the Oakley Vault in Park City so I could try on a pair after my son was born. Three weeks after he was born we were at the Vault and trying on Juliets, happy that they fit me right. I was bummed that they didn't have any XM/Ruby pairs, but really liked the Carbon frame as well. Decided to go with that and Ice lenses. Now they are Ice Polarized after almost two years of searching for lenses.
Another daddy gift! Nice!

How did you get the SI bag?

598936_540339275982609_890899780_n.jpg

The left side is my first pair of Xmetals, (second pair in the collection) and now stands as my JulieX.
I bought these ages ago in Singapore. First and only full retail pair i have bought. walked into the store, tried them on. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. walked out empty handed..but it haunted me for a whole week, and i had gone back to Perth. I hunted around for ages but the crappy SGH's etc didnt seem to stock the Xmetal colorway.. so i called a friend and grabbed the EXACT pair i tried on, and shipped it to me. Bought the ruby lenses and rocked it as an Xmen colorway for awhile... then we got crazy....

You can read the build of how she got her arms HERE- http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/brips-x-metal-halloween-special.2640/

rise the JULIEX!!!! here pictured is with DG_mods gold gaskets (as i had a Gold iridium setup for awhile), and the freshly cut VR50 Ruby Iridium Transitions lenses..!!! YES, Echelon....

on the right, another pair with history. last year, Oakley Singapore (then run by Larrikin) had a closing down sale since Lux was taking over. They had old stock hidden away that suddenly came to the surface, so everyone rushed down but i couldnt make it. i heard that a fellow collector in Singpaore managed to go and pick up quite a few grabs, including an Ichiro Juliet and this beauty, the Polished/ BLUE IRIDIUM (not ICE) PB000445. Yes, a damn low serial.

So i went looking for it.. but didnt know where it had went. apparently it went to another collector, kennethekotto on here. But he didnt have the full funds so MiLk on here paid for them first and held on to them. Then when it came time for Ken to get them back, Milk held on to the lenses and only sold on the frame!!! now ken had the frame,and had custom cut Jade lenses put in. He then sold that set to me when he needed some quick cash! So i started to track the lenses down, not knowing Milk had them. Ken directed me int he right direction and after ALOT of persuasion i managed to trade the jade lenses for the OEM blue lenses, as Milk had another frame that Kenneth wanted to buy later on and he could sell the Jade lenses back to Ken as well since that was what he wanted.
So after a perilous journey, they are in my care. the Jade lense that went to Ken eventually found home in another pair of Polished frames, and the lens got custom etched with an Atom icon by edsjunk. It was later sold to another local collector, who treasures it along with all the history haha.

on the right, another pair with history. last year, Oakley Singapore (then run by Larrikin) had a closing down sale since Lux was taking over. They had old stock hidden away that suddenly came to the surface, so everyone rushed down but i couldnt make it. i heard that a fellow collector in Singpaore managed to go and pick up quite a few grabs, including an Ichiro Juliet and this beauty, the Polished/ BLUE IRIDIUM (not ICE) PB000445. Yes, a damn low serial.

So i went looking for it.. but didnt know where it had went. apparently it went to another collector, kennethekotto on here. But he didnt have the full funds so MiLk on here paid for them first and held on to them. Then when it came time for Ken to get them back, Milk held on to the lenses and only sold on the frame!!! now ken had the frame,and had custom cut Jade lenses put in. He then sold that set to me when he needed some quick cash! So i started to track the lenses down, not knowing Milk had them. Ken directed me int he right direction and after ALOT of persuasion i managed to trade the jade lenses for the OEM blue lenses, as Milk had another frame that Kenneth wanted to buy later on and he could sell the Jade lenses back to Ken as well since that was what he wanted.

So after a perilous journey, they are in my care. the Jade lense that went to Ken eventually found home in another pair of Polished frames, and the lens got custom etched with an Atom icon by edsjunk. It was later sold to another local collector, who treasures it along with all the history haha.
Man, that pair has gone around! LOL

i have short stories on most pairs i have.. just not enough to warrant writing it lol. for example, my first Romeo1 was $250 BIN off ebay. i did a double take, blitzed the description in about 5 seconds and hit the BIN. then i realised the only shipping option was some fancy express thing which was ridiculous because he was within the country right, and it doesnt get much faster even if you paid express. well... seems like i missed a line in the description- FREE SHIPPING IF YOU BIN.

SCORE. 3 days later it arrives, no lens cracks or scratches, the marks in the photos were just smudges. safe to say i was excited

my second R1 followed a year later, but i bid for that one and it went for 350, cant complain :)

Back