• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Franken Ichiro Carbon/OO Blue Iridium Price?

dwang0725

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
I have a chance to get a pair of franken Ichiro Carbon/OO Blue iridium Juliets. I know the real deal goes for decent money ($800+). What do you guys think a franken would go for? The glasses was made from a Ducati frame (DUCATI serial), original ichiro OO Blue iridium lens (etched), and OEM blue rubbers. Comes with original Ducati box and coin + red rubbers. What's it worth?

Dave

Hi,
I have a chance to get a pair of franken Ichiro Carbon/OO Blue iridium Juliets. I know the real deal goes for decent money ($800+). What do you guys think a franken would go for? The glasses was made from a Ducati frame (DUCATI serial), original ichiro OO Blue iridium lens (etched), and OEM blue rubbers. Comes with original Ducati box and coin + red rubbers. What's it worth?

Dave

basically all you have are ichiro lenses that would be worth money. the ducati frame etc are pretty common place... so hmm.. i wouldnt even come close to the real deal's pricetag. you're looking at maybe a $50-100 premium over the regular Ducati set's pricetag, MAX. i wouldnte ven buy it myself tbh. it'll be a pain trying to find a frame to match.

hmm, you make a good point BriP. I knew I should have picked up the Ichiro Juliets when I had the chance back in 2004! Thanks for your candor.

Those OO Blue lenses are INCREDIBLE though!

Basically this is a couple of bones of an Ichiro and a few more bones of a Ducati to create a hybrid. The real deal items are the complete original examples of each release with the boxes. It is hard to see why anyone would buy this construction for anywhere near the value of either of those originals if complete. It would however be worth more in real terms than what I would pay, which is essentially nothing, however, to be fair though this could be useful to someone looking to replace a below par Ichiro lens on the carbon, whilst at the same time attempting to restore the Ducati back to retail state.

yeah bro, they really are. but as a whole, for this package the seller probably wants too much. if hes asking more than 350 thats a ripoff.
+1

Basically this is a couple of bones of an Ichiro and a few more bones of a Ducati to create a hybrid. The real deal items are the complete original examples of each release with the boxes. It is hard to see why anyone would buy this construction for anywhere near the value of either of those originals if complete. It would however be worth more in real terms than what I would pay, which is essentially nothing, however, to be fair though this could be useful to someone looking to replace a below par Ichiro lens on the carbon, whilst at the same time attempting to restore the Ducati back to retail state.

+1 too.

Very true. In collectors terms, this pair wouldn't be worth nearly as much as the retail value of the real deal. But if buying just to wear or use the parts for restoration, it might very well be worth it. If buying just to wear, no one would even know that it's not the real deal, unless they were able to see the serial on the stem.