• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fraudulent purchases on Linegear website

five different colors, but 3 to 5 pairs each.

That buyer should be well known in this Forum, isn't it? given that number of his frames.

First, we thought of the competitors too, but even if they did, we can overcome re-listing quite easily. So this void this hypothesis illogical.

But one order did come through on Saturday, but this time the buyer is from the US. He buys 17 pairs of Juliet polarized lenses.

Any idea people? Should we send the lenses? We might lost all products and lost the PayPal when the owner of the credit card claims!!! :(:confused:

Thank you for any practical ideas.

Under the circumstances, I would at least contact the buyer at their PayPal email address asking to confirm the purchase. Seems to be too much of a coincidence with the other fraudulent orders. Not many people legitimately order 17 pairs of lenses.

Could be legit. I keep about that many OEM spares. Could be someone reselling frames.

I would email the customer and wait to see what they say. If they don't respond, you know it's fraud. If they do, you should be able to tell through some conversation if they are for real.

We had blocked two previous buyers who gave delivery address to Indonesia on Friday, then on Saturday we got this one from the US.

I am thinking about that.... But is the OF rules allow a customer name to be posted here?

I'd rather email to the buyer first.
Email the buyer first. Cause even though I would normally place an order like that I can guarantee you it was NOT me.

And then I can go to their house to check them out as @kronin323 said. ;) :hi:

Correction..... I'll send someone else......not me..... won't be me as somebody ELSE will go. ;)