• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Free Mark Cavendish Figurine with Signature Series Jawbreaker

No such thing as cheating in cycling?

Mark cavendash is one of the most talented cyclists of all time, and he has GREAT control over his body, bike, and actions. If he didnt want to hit the other cyclist he wouldnt of. They werent in a pack. They were out in the open. He was in the rear and had a clear view of his opponent and was in a situation he had seen a million times. He knew what he was doing wasnt right... Hes a cheat. Word it how you wish.
i don´t follow cycling, what is this situation you are talking about here, just curious :cool-20:

Why isnt there a bicycle emoji?
here it is

tumblr_inline_ntsuwrw0Ge1r8p7ug_250.jpg

but okay, what i can gather, mark often hits the other riders, is that correct ?

No, its an isolated incident. The judges were split on wether to disqualify him or not and it caused the race to be delayed even after the injured rider was removed. He is 31 and on his way out as one of their premiere cyclists. They recently removed him from a team event and still won gold without him. I believe his frustrations caused the crash. Others believe it was strictly an accident, and could happen to anyone. Youve got google, go make your own opinion.

All im saying is, they're giving these things away for a reason ;)

No, its an isolated incident. The judges were split on wether to disqualify him or not and it caused the race to be delayed even after the injured rider was removed. He is 31 and on his way out as one of their premiere cyclists. They recently removed him from a team event and still won gold without him. I believe his frustrations caused the crash. Others believe it was strictly an accident, and could happen to anyone. Youve got google, go make your own opinion.

All im saying is, they're giving these things away for a reason ;)
well okay, the doll is still fun though, i would like a lance armstrong doll as well ;)
would do great as a sewing needle cushion

Last edited:
No such thing as cheating in cycling? Uhhnn lance armstrong? I follow a little closer than most... Cavendash is mad at his own countrymen right now. He is mad because he left the Tour de France early to train for the team pursuit(which they won gold in without him) and they chose Wiggins instead, so he has been a big baby the last few weeks.... Taking shots at his own teammates/countrymen through the media. He is a big baby, he was mad he was losing, and he is even bitter that GB won the team pursuit.

Mark cavendash is one of the most talented cyclists of all time, and he has GREAT control over his body, bike, and actions. If he didnt want to hit the other cyclist he wouldnt of. They werent in a pack. They were out in the open. He was in the rear and had a clear view of his opponent and was in a situation he had seen a million times. He knew what he was doing wasnt right... Hes a cheat. Word it how you wish.

Yup, my point it's not cheating if you don't get caught and when the top 10% (at minimum) are doing the same damn thing, hard to say anyone has an advantage. As far as Lance...notice they couldn't/didn't fill his vacancies in those 7 tours because they couldn't find anyone down the line who hadn't gotten a blemish on their record before.

Remember when Mark got essentially screwed out of the Green in 2009 when he got sent to the back of the Peleton for supposedly impeding Hushov in stage 14? Video reviewed from everyone but the officials said Mark was within the rules...but he got his chances axed. So again, if the governing bodies or officials say it stands, ultimately it stands regardless of our opinions. The Olympics are no different.

I'm a fan of Mark and many others (whom have not so epic records) because in the end, they all do questionable **** that is considered cheating, unsportsmanlike, etc by someone. But no one can argue it wasn't them putting in the miles, doing what they needed to do to get there regardless of the so called "advantages" or questionable moves they made. Was Mark in the wrong for what he did, in black and white, yup. In the "run what you brung" mentality...well he got his podium didn't he? If the IOC isn't going to rule him out of his victory for the move, then apparently mine and many others opinion is not far from what they deem acceptable regarding his approach during that race. Not everyone gets a trophy in life, even if they earned it, unfortunately. That only happens with schools today and the politicians who declare everyone is a winner while they still cheat the system and the public themselves.

Back