• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Free Pair = My New Project Pair!

thatoakleyguy

Oakley Expert
VA
Little personal info to back this story. I work for a car rental company and I always find sunglasses in rentals that return, but never Oakleys. Well this changed back in early October when I found a pair of Gascan S frames. I called the customer and they said they didn't leave any glasses in the car so I tossed them in our Lost/Found drawer because I was sure someone would call back for them. It's been three months, so I assume they're not coming back for them. They are really beat up and they aren't Oakley lenses, but this works perfect for my project.

I've got a friend who does awesome graffiti style art I'm gonna have do work to them. I'm gonna sand them and prime them and let friend have at it then clear coat them and order some new lenses.

Here's where I am so far: disassembled and ready for sanding. Anyone know how to remove the O icons?

2581d9d1.jpg

You can get them loose with a finger nail, or just use a small flat head screw driver around the edges and theyll come loose! Cant wait to see how these turn out!

Dig your nail under one end & "give it some" they will eventually start to lift up. The art is not to damage the double sided tape too much otherwise you will need some more to stick them back on with. Keep us posted on their progress & don't forget the golden rule once the work is done. No pic's, it didn't happen

sound interesting - what style of graffiti you want on the stems?

and a fingernail to remove the icons works for me too . . . :cool:

hot water, dip the stem, remove the icon with a plastic guitar pick. this will leave the glue on the icons and will be more easy to re-attach them

I found it really easy to just take the flat head screwdriver from the cleaning kit to pry it up and take it off with your fingernail.

I'll be sure to update with pics along the way. I'll hopefully get to start sanding this weekend and maybe even prime depending how long it takes

And it begins:
168e39bd.jpg

Fiancé is super sick from her first week of teaching kindergarten. Pumping her full of drugs and doing this at the same time

Latest Posts

Back