• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Free Stuff With Purchase SGH

the first two pairs of oaks i got were from SGH, and both were sent back for replacement. pain in the ass to wait 5weeks to get my sunnies (yes, its slow too), but thank goodness for warranty. my radars had earsocks that were peeling, and my juliet frames were already loose in the flex coupler, plus the frames were scratched to hell!

I've shopped once at SGH at my experience was good. I bought the polished white, matte black and polished clear, all with 24K, Holbrooks. I didn't get boxes, which bummed me out, but I live. And I didn't get the lanyard as promised, but oh well.. I got my Shaun whites, and they were impeccable. I don't mind SGH :)

if i buy a pair glasse - i would expect at least the box for them!
but everyone is different. . . .

Ive bought three pairs total from SGH. Every time, I made sure I got a box, and I got a 30% discount on every pair as well. SGH sucks no doubt, but if need be Ill buy from there.

We have a SGH local to us that we, basically, use to try on Oakleys and then buy them elsewhere. They never give any discount, but do sometimes put the wrong prices on things because they are quite clueless. Therefore the only times we have actually bought anything from them is when something has been mis-priced.

e.g. Mrs H recently picked up a pair of BNIB (not display) polarized Miss Conducts for one-third off because they had put the polarized price on the normal pair and vice versa. Heh heh.

By the way, I am uber-picky about marks on sunglasses, and will not buy a pair unless they are perfect. This pretty much rules out most SGH display product. So they just get used as a kind of 'trying-on showroom' for better (and cheaper) official retailers online (ShadeStation UK being my current favourite).

Sorry SGH - but if you treated your products better (and weren't such sticklers for RRP) then you'd get more custom.
That's the bottom line.

(so tempted there to add "Cos Herbsley said so" . . . . but I resisted it)

Ive had good luck with the SGH near me. I bought a pair of REVO Guides and used them for 3 weeks just didnt fit quite right and returned them no problem. When I went to buy my Pit Bull's the O store didnt have them but SGH did and they let me take them outside to try on along with a couple other pairs TEN, SCALPEL, Maui Jim Banyans. I felt they were quite nice and helpful to me.
They do have sales my sis-in-law bought me a pair of RayBans P 1/2price didnt have any blemishes. So no bad experiences to speak of.

ROFL. Timely post considering I just returned my 10 week old Batwolfs to my local SGH today under their mega liberal return policy to use that money on some Positive Red Straights. I HOPE they don't try to resell them....they're 99% but still.

Side note though....the woman that helped me was smokin without a bikini. I should have told her that but I'm a shy a** wimp

SGH in the UK does not have that returns policy. They put a tiny knobbly red cable-tie round the nose-bridge and only accept a return if that is still attached.

What is up with their 50% discount replacement? If you buy online, do you have to send the old broken pair in?

Back