1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

First off I do not smoke but I am a sucker for freebies, i.e. lighters , t shirts, etc. Years ago the wife entered for this and won 1 of 200 spots I think. At first she did not want to go I had to talk her into it. It was at Kentucky Speedway about 50 miles or so from us. The cars were older IROC cars with an added passenger seat. Some big names have driven these cars years ago in the IROC series. It was a whole day at the track. First off they gave us some SWAG (backpack, gloves, head cover thing , disposable camera) and got us in fire suits. We were with professional drivers and got to ride in the cars and did 3 laps around the track at about 160 mph. Then they took us to the inside part of the track where they had a drifting track set up with cones. We were strapped into the mustangs and also did a couple of laps with a driver drifting the whole time. After that they gave us a dinner.. All for FREEE.
    Enough with the story here are some pictures I just found...
    Free Track Day thanks to Marlboro (years ago) - 100_0871_zpsdsrhkwgr.jpg [/URL
    Free Track Day thanks to Marlboro (years ago) - 100_0886_zpsiktelsl8.jpg
    Free Track Day thanks to Marlboro (years ago) - Reggampkarenbycar_zpsyw1n0fer.jpg
    Free Track Day thanks to Marlboro (years ago) - 100_0872_zpsnsspihky.jpg
    Free Track Day thanks to Marlboro (years ago) - 100_0866_zpsuun8upmk.jpg
    Free Track Day thanks to Marlboro (years ago) - 100_0882_zpsrlvyvtql.jpg
    Free Track Day thanks to Marlboro (years ago) - 100_0864_zpsjgom9pz5.jpg
    Free Track Day thanks to Marlboro (years ago) - 100_0856_zps6nse4cdu.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I love it. That had to be a great day. 50 miles for a day of blasting around fun is worth it. :)

3. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

I think I look pretty damn good in a fire suit haha......

4. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Looks like a lot of fun. Was the suit hot?

5. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

It was in the month of May but I don't remember being really hot.

6. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Best day ever material.

The drivers who guided you, were they same same big name drivers you mentioned on that list? Awesome day regardless but that would've been insane too. Would've loved to meet Jeff.

7. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

No big name drivers just probably professional track day teacher/drivers... The one picture of the window shows all the big name drivers that drove them in the series. I think they were like 1995 IROC cars

8. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

That is awesome

9. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

@reggavegga in not too far from the speedway either. I been wanting to go do the track thing. They got different option where u go and pay and you get to go around the lap a few times. You have to go thru like a 3 hr class first though....