• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogmetal

Soulfulfrog

みんなに優しく
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Georgetown, ON.
Hello all. I'm definitely and expert when it comes to skins. However I'm seriously considering purchasing my first pair of metals. I'm really liking the look of the XX. What sorts of things should I look for and as for sizes..... are the XX and XS bigger than Juliets or romeos. I'm absolutely lost when it comes to metals. I really like @Litos new pair from @zwc0442 . That white and blue look incredible. Certainly Zachs other fades as well. It sucks that I know no one here that I could ask to try on or something but I'm kinda stuck. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers all
Brian

Soulfulfrog

XX, XS, and Romeo are indeed bigger than Juliets. Penny are smaller than Juliets. I find the Juliets fit me well with the 15 temple shocks and smaller nose pads. They fit my wife with the 25 shocks and bigger nose pads. We both wear Fives Squared daily if that helps. You won't regret giving metals a try. Juliets are certainly the easiest to come by in Canada.

XX, XS, and Romeo are indeed bigger than Juliets. Penny are smaller than Juliets. I find the Juliets fit me well with the 15 temple shocks and smaller nose pads. They fit my wife with the 25 shocks and bigger nose pads. We both wear Fives Squared daily if that helps. You won't regret giving metals a try. Juliets are certainly the easiest to come by in Canada.
Thank you for the info. I'm a bigger guy with a bigger face/ head so I'll probably need bigger.

Thank you for the info. I'm a bigger guy with a bigger face/ head so I'll probably need bigger.

XX is a bit bigger than the Juliet and works better with larger faces. The selection of OEM lenses for the XX was a lot less, but now you'd mostly be relying on custom cuts anyway so that isn't a big factor any more.

Depends on how you want to spend your money.

Usual beginner's advice is to start with a Juliet, because they're the cheapest/most common (due to being the most popular during production). If they don't fit you, it gives you the best "frame" of reference (no pun intended) for which direction to go from there, and they're easy to resell (assuming you didn't overpay in the first place).

But if you're already homing in on XX, you could certainly start with those, you just have to put up more cash to try your first pair. It may end up skipping a step by not starting with a Juliet, or it may end up doing the same process only with a more expensive initial pair. Whichever works for you.

I made the jump a few years ago with a Juliet. I love them, they're a great pair. I passed several years on buying one and regretted it. I'd like to buy an XS at some point, but have a wedding to worry about!
yes you do Josh. it's getting closer by the day. have you set a date yet?

Back