• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskin DC Shoes

I've actually seen these in person, can't remember the shop name but it's in man ghetto ass mall in Willingboro NJ but the store is sick. I'll post the name of the store when I remember, cool ass owner.

Received a pair this morning. Similar to the Kick Lab and Banana Beats, in that its a standard frame and box(Polished Black / Grey) with custom etched lenses. Like the Banana Beats, they include a custom microbag. So wonder if these make it onto the Rare list?

It seems unusual that there are allegedly 100 pairs of this Frogskin used as a promotional item that were never sold, that quantity is high enough that it could have been an official release with a sku code and made available by DC Shoes. The lens appears to be Ruby, so why would the box be labelled 'Polished Black - Grey'? If it came with Grey, why swap all the lenses with Ruby? If Ruby was the original lens why is the label incorrect? A promotional item having a box and plastic sleeve for an arm seems incongruous as pieces like that tend to have no packaging, and further, if it came with a box I would expect it to be a white one to reflect the limited nature, rather than black. The etching is not normal in that Oakley typically style the graphic to reflect that used by who the glass is attributed to, here the DC logo is not in the style of that company and has no proper gap in the script, which would normally be curved in the contour of the orbital with that much text, and also possibly in the top of the lens as with some recent Frogskins. The microbag logo appears real, but in one picture 'seems' somehow too big for a Frogskin bag. Whilst I don't doubt it is a genuine glass I can't help but question if the etching was produced by the hand of Oakley.

Back