• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskin Leg Condoms

Hando

Oakley Expert
Hello,

As some of you may have seen I got a great deal on some Sundays. They're absolutely gorgeous, and I've discussed with @ericforum some things about them that seem strange. First was the weight of them... they kinda match what seems like the weight of the Flora Fades. Eric pointed out that even once weighed they're all down to about the 1/10th of an ounce, they just have that feeling for some reason. The biggest difference though is that the legs seem to be shrink wrapped. He mentioned that he had a pair that came like this. It's almost a saran wrap and it doesn't necessarily look like someone did it later (No tears or anything at the ends). My question is.. does anybody else have an older pair perhaps that has shrink wrap leg condoms? I will try to get pictures up later.

My thoughts on these were that maybe they were just a really good afterwards attempt to keep them preserved and realy is just saran wrap cut with precision. Or it's standard like that and done that way because of the four legged box?

***Edit, was going to take pictures, and as I unwrapped the legs, I did notice a slight tear/not straight edge.. so I'm thinking someone wrapped them for preservation at one point. So I guess another question then is...did older frogs come with leg condoms like newer glasses do?

Last edited:
Saw a fake pair on ebay not long ago. Hopefully not the pair you bought. Description said not sure where these came from just keep in mind when bidding.

Weight w/o lenses should be exact down to 1/10 of a gram.

Try peeling the wrap.

Back