• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskin LX Or Any LX Models BEWARE~!!! This Is Absurb~

mopiko

I should Work at Oakley
Hey Guys,

If u guys followed my thread on the penny&ott score in Taiwan("La Boutique du Velo") who are the only authorized Oakley agent in whole of Taiwan.
I mentioned that i picked up a Frogskin LX Titanium brand new(not the sample ones).
Bought it new for only over 2 weeks. Wore it 2-3times.

Last weekend was out at the beach on a hot sunday(imagine Singapore weather).
This morning took out the frogskin LX the acetate frame kinda widen alil-then i thought hey must be the heat on well~no biggy~
But to my surpsise and worst thing is that there's spider CRACKS on the LENS~!!

I am utterly disappointed on quality control on these OAKLEY CHINA MANUFACTURED LX models~!!
Im sure they are all the same quality for holbrook lx, jupiter lx n etc.
Fyi they are original Oakley; just manufactured in China. "CHINA" stamped on the earstems.

So..story short. How can i claim warranty or replacement on these frame that i bought from Taiwan. Does Oakley do international warranty?
The closest service center to me is of course Singapore. Now that i think of it. Id rather have a REFUND! Geez~

Oakley masters collectors from Singapore...please advise. Is there anyway we can feedback it to Oakley HQ/ASIA~?
Ive just emailed customer care-Spore,Hongkong,China,US to feedback this issue

I will post picture of the defects shortly tonight.
Any help of advise greatly appreciated

Here u go. I u can see the faint crack in the middle of the lens
8DCE40DF-2816-4DEC-992C-3FCAF7FB11AC-1475-0000007FDAFA2B17.jpg

Frame has widen since the 1st time wearing it. If u can see they are no longer levelled~
8C362E0B-C8B3-4551-8D3A-433AEF0ACFAD-1475-000000818182E684.jpg

Fyi; i have never sat on it. Bend or misplaced it anyhow.

that's the problem with acetate frames, and i have always stayed clear, and stuck with O-Matter. a wee bit too heat-sensitive. are you based in Singapore? even so, i think SG's service centre can't really help in terms of a refund, since the item wasn't purchased locally. even so, i doubt they will entertain refunds, period. the most they could do would be to order replacement lenses for you? which, i'm pretty sure you'll have to pay for, unfortunately.

sidenote: Ti Clear lenses at the beach? how did they hold up for ya? =)

that's the problem with acetate frames, and i have always stayed clear, and stuck with O-Matter. a wee bit too heat-sensitive. are you based in Singapore? even so, i think SG's service centre can't really help in terms of a refund, since the item wasn't purchased locally. even so, i doubt they will entertain refunds, period. the most they could do would be to order replacement lenses for you? which, i'm pretty sure you'll have to pay for, unfortunately.

sidenote: Ti Clear lenses at the beach? how did they hold up for ya? =)

Tough luck for me i guess; Buying replacement lens for their defect. Gosh. Im sure replacement lens whichever im putting it in; Is gonna crack sooner or later anyways.
Im based in Brunei. But frequent Spore every other weekend due to work.

Aha Ti lens @the beach..right~ i could use more darker lens! Was a hot cloudy day so it was ok>~

Latest Posts

Back