• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskin Newbie..need Some Advise

disturbed

Oakley Beginner
I am a xmetal guy, I own a juliet and an xs. I was curious what are oakley frogskins since I don't know them (no offense) our country has a thing for knock offs so anything that is made with plastic does not appeal to me.

So I started reading the frogskin threads, more than 10 pages of it. I browse and checked the models in the oakley site for frogskins...and damn, I was already overwhelmed by the different releases and combinations of the x-metals and here the frogskins are so damn many lol..I got a head ache seriously..and a lot are discontinued (loved the jupiter camo, the olive grenades and many others)..no wonder frogskins have a great following.

here are my choices after much browsing over the pictures..also, as I was reading from thread to thread, there is no love for the new release of the frogskins like the aquatique (damn hard to spell)..

well here are my choices

AQUATIQUE - Abyss/Positive Red Iridium - $147
SIGNATURE SERIES - VALENTINO ROSSI - $176
LIMITED EDITION GP-75 FROGSKINS - $177
* the frogskins above are available locally albeit a higher price..those are online prices btw..if I go to an oakley store you add another $60 to those prices..and not all models are available..

and the Craftsman Skate Deck - which I think is hard to find unless you are in the US..

I don't have unlimited funds, and I would like to start with two hopefully..I don't collect, I wear the **** out of them..but with love lol

Well, as far as a pair to wear the sh*t out of. You can't go wrong with the Rossi and the GP-75. The GP-75 can be changed up with the extra set of legs it comes with, and the Rossi is really cool to look at IMO. And if you really are on the hunt for a Skate Deck pair, I'm sure someone here could help you out!

But I think with whatever you decide on, you won't be disappointed. It's a classic for sure. I just bought my first pair for me the other day, and I can say that they have definitely grown on me. I was never a huge frogskin person, but my girlfriend looks awesome in hers, so I thought I would give them a shot. No regrets :cool:

Disturbed, glad you are venturing out of metals and joining the frogskins craze. Actually there isn't much of a craze for them right now so this is the best time to get them. The ones you mentioned can still be bought for retail which is another good thing. Check out this website for the GP75 and Rossi's at retail.

Sunglass Junkies | BD Sunglasses

Disturbed, glad you are venturing out of metals and joining the frogskins craze. Actually there isn't much of a craze for them right now so this is the best time to get them. The ones you mentioned can still be bought for retail which is another good thing. Check out this website for the GP75 and Rossi's at retail.

Sunglass Junkies | BD Sunglasses

wow, jive out of hibernation! ;)

thank you for the reply guys..it's really hard to decide if I cannot see the item personally..though I like the skate deck hehe

anyway I visited an oakley store near my work..normal frogs cost $200 here..very prohibitive price..when I went to the store, I thought there are many frogskins here, but no no no..I thought they were frogskins, they are holbrook and jupiter..but they almost look the same..at a glance can't differentiate them..

I tried the holbrook and the frogskins..and the difference is subtle but I think the holbrook fits me more..now I am stumped because the holbrook I want is the skate deck..

I have decided to buy one frogskin and one holbrook..the holbrook I will purchase will definitely be a skatedeck..for the frogskin, I'll think about it again..

the holbrook they were offering me was matte black with BI polarized lens and cost about $283..wth!

now how can I buy a frogskin and a holbrook in the US?..need to make friends fast :D

I have 2 frames for sale for $100 with no lenses. Acid green and polished clear if you have any interest. Also some complete pairs too.

Edit: Marine fade frames too and some lenses that aren't in perfect shape that i'd make a deal on

just want to update this thread..though I did not purchase a frogskin..I hope in the future I will buy one..but fit wise, the holbrook was the better fit for me..

holbrook.jpg

Latest Posts

Back