1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Anyone know if these are genuine or the SKu?
    Ta muchly chaps, been 20 years since I entered the world of 'skins!

Frogskin question - $_57frogskin.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

Saw those on bay, id say fake

3. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks I won the auction offer last night, thought I could remember seeing some like that but can't see anything now........not sure I even remember what I thought they were.

4. Tommy_DTA

Tommy_DTA Oakley Enthusiast

fake and or custom painted. If custom painted looks like they were aiming to make them look like the LX's of that colorway

5. tigbball5

tigbball5 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

If they were custom painted to look like the LX's, then thats a cool pickup! But hopefully you didn't pay too much if they end up being fake.

6. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

NO not much and paid with paypal so should be fine, I couldn't see any in that colourway on the o review with frogskins but maybe I had seen some Lx with that sort of colour.Seller hasn't yet responded to my question so shall see what happens.Thanks all.

7. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

They arrived, they are about 5g llighter than our old 90's frogskins, the letters are raised on the "Oakley" to the outside of the arms,(is that correct?) they are frogskin sized but with lx paint scheme with grey lenses. the sku is for a Jupiter lx. He has positive feedback on ebay for selling others, maybe people just don't know.
    Frogskin question - 20141119_161654.jpg Frogskin question - 20141119_161723.jpg Frogskin question - 20141119_161654.jpg Frogskin question - 20141119_161612.jpg Frogskin question - 20141119_160919.jpg Frogskin question - 20141119_160910.jpg

8. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

The fakes are getting harder and harder to findout

9. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

the quality seems to be getting up there, it'll teach me to buy stuff off small pics on my phone esp the often copied ones.

10. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

maybe this is why the frogskins market is dropping off. Too hard to tell the fakes from the reals.