• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins (3rd Gen) Collection Now At 150 Pairs. (11 Still Needed).

Romeo Van Frogskinstein

I should Work at Oakley
England
Having today received the Acid Tortoise Green - Black P 24-367, and the two Mastermind pairs (24-379 & 24-380), the total number of Frogskins in the collection has now reached 150. I had started collecting these since their inception in 2007 and had several motives to keep up with the releases, including the association with many exclusive, limited, and signature pieces. The somehow childlike character and simple design became more appealing to me over time, the collecting allure and the sheer volume of insanely rare examples seemingly created to appeal to the serious collector, meant this model formed a major contribution to my collection. They can be displayed without even taking them out of the boxes and make for easy storage being small items, many have unique frame colours and microbags and most people can pull them off, young or old, male or female, it is an iconic legendary style that will stand the test of time. I don't think anyone has a complete set, but I aim to get as close as I can, which would be effectively achieved if I can acquire any of the following....can anybody help?

Blacklight Polarized 24-351, 24-352, 24-353, 24-354.
Brown Camo - Bronze. SUPREME
Candy - +Red. ST VALENTINE'S DAY
Distressed Black/Pink - Grey. ERIC KOSTON
Grey Camouflage/Tortoiseshell/Green Icon - Grey. FRAGMENT
Andrew Petterson
Red Tiger Camo - Grey. SUPREME
Yellow/White - Grey. BANANABEAT RECORDS

It will be interesting to see how much further Oakley go with Frogskins, maybe having made so many the demand seems to have subsided, maybe it would increase if production stopped as it appears to have done with the X Metal range. Whatever happens, the model will always be a major part in the history of the brand.

At one time a person had a complete set....but that was when there were only 70 something pairs. Congrats on getting to 150... If I ever decide to let my banana beats go they will go to you... I just have problems letting go of any frogskin.

At one time a person had a complete set....but that was when there were only 70 something pairs. Congrats on getting to 150... If I ever decide to let my banana beats go they will go to you... I just have problems letting go of any frogskin.

Didn't ya have 2 BBs? Ha! Hoarder. =)

RVF, I think the polarized blacklights can still be purchased thru SGH. Maybe someone from the states can help ya out?

There is also a pair of kostons on eBay currently... A little pricey but they are there.

Wow! This is great! I love frogskins and I find them very addicting to buy. I only have 3 and troll the Bay and these forums daily looking for deals. College student on a budget trying to pinch pennies for Frogs =) Banana Beats are some of my favorite looking "rare" frogs.

RVF you are certainly on high level in all aspects of Oakley collecting especially on giving information for people who sought an answer on their dilemma. My dilemma is when im gonna see your vast collection of Oaks and hopefully have some coffee to go with it. I hope you could solve them coz im willing to travel from London to see it. I Bring along Medusa and maybe some oakley collector UK based. That will gonna be the best coffee i will ever have for years! lol

RVF you are certainly on high level in all aspects of Oakley collecting especially on giving information for people who sought an answer on their dilemma. My dilemma is when im gonna see your vast collection of Oaks and hopefully have some coffee to go with it. I hope you could solve them coz im willing to travel from London to see it. I Bring along Medusa and maybe some oakley collector UK based. That will gonna be the best coffee i will ever have for years! lol

Thank you for your comments, and you are welcome to visit me to see the entire collection and to discuss Oakley over coffee until we get through a whole jar! Just send me a message as to when you are free and we can arrange it. It will be a pleasure to have you as a guest.

Back