• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading FROGSKINS (GEN 3) COLLECTION NOW AT 200+ PAIRS...But Who Can Supply The Missing Links?

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Monday 13th October was a great day for me in that I received 10 new Frogskins from the Oakley Bluewater Store which now brings the total number of pairs of this model within the collection to exactly 203. Thinking back there was a time when I considered these among the few glasses Oakley made that did not much appeal to me, yet I felt compelled to get the initial 2007 releases which inspired a developing love affair leading to the current status. The simplicity of design, childlike character, many crazy and lively colours, interesting signature and collaboration offerings, small boxes making for economic storage and display, folding flat for comfortable pocket carrying, and copious rare items within a vast universe makes for strong collector appeal. I believe no person on the planet can say they have them all, and no one ever will, but I have desired to get as close as I can to that ideal, which having reached a respectable milestone prompts the main purpose of this thread which is to post an up to date wants list. Who among you can assist with the capture of any of these missing links?

Any - Any. BEYOND REASON
Any - Any. 03-250 ANDREW PETTERSON (especially #5 & #35)
Any - Any TEXAS TOAST JAM
Brown (Desert) Camo - Bronze. SUPREME
Candy - +Red. ST VALENTINE'S DAY
Fade - Fire. BLENDS (Prototype)
Military Rain - Grey. DANNY KASS
Polished Black - ? . BOOMBOTIX / WU TANG
Red Tiger Camo - Grey. SUPREME

I am happy to negotiate cash or trade, the latter can make for good provision all round as I have 700+ glasses that are complete and in almost all cases mint. Having reached 1000+ pairs I am essentially just collecting Frogskins, retaining X Metals, holding onto a few random pieces, whilst making available the remainder.
If I could choose new releases I would love to see the craziest most insane, flipped out, zaniest colours that could be put to frame, and such items covered in many fluorescent spots.

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Recently received the Ptolemy Pattern Staple pair (with a labelled box) thanks to FrogTastic, and today after a six year search I received, at last, (drum roll......drum roll), an Andrew Petterson, in pristine condition complete as released with the biggest possible 'thank you' going to much respected member Dallious. Hard to convey the feeling of elation as a result of capturing such a monster, I am not even going to cross the AP off my wants list as I will consider the purchase or trade of any other pairs, and in any condition, complete or not. The main goal has been achieved though... to have 'one', thus being in 'the club', so any more of them will just be a huge bonus.
I am still very eager to deal on any pairs on my wants list, please message me if you can help, extremely promising trades are available for those who can supply anything.

Congratulations on the Patterson's!

What number ap?

Stoked they arrived Ash!