• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins LX Metal screw vs Plastic

ArthurL

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys, is the LX model come only with metal screw or it's just the late model and not the new model?
What do you think about metal screw? I prefer all in one plastic.

The LX are really nice if you are careful with your glasses. But I prefer regular frogs because if I sit on them, the arm pops off and its no big deal. With the LX's you're screwed...

This is what I'm thinking about too tigbbal5. The thing is I get a deal tomorrow for the Black tortoise/black iridium polarized. And since the LX seems to have all the metal thing I was not sure. I prefer plastic since I'm going to customize them with the acid green frame. I'm lucky the guy confirmed me that they are all plastic. I asked him if it was the LX model and he said yes. I will see tomorrow, then. I meet another guy for the polished black and this punk tried to sell me a fake one. He was amazed how fast I recognized the fake. I said to him that the frogskins had not the same feeling as my MATTE SKY SAPPHIRE IRIDIUM HEAVEN&EARTH. And also that they had any SKU and not even the CE marking engraved on the frame. The Oakley logo on the side had a paint mismatch. Even the soft pouch case was suspect.

I won't mess with any LX model, I won't buy any of this model too, I'm addict too standard fit.I will mix parts of the standard fit model with all plastic assembly. :)

Another punk who tried to fool me today with his fake polarized black tortoise. The lens was not even polarized and the Frog was totally fake. He went back saying almost anything because he knew I was not the kind of dude he can mislead. Back to Oakley store tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back