1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ArthurL

ArthurL Oakley Beginner

Hi guys, is the LX model come only with metal screw or it's just the late model and not the new model?
    What do you think about metal screw? I prefer all in one plastic.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

It's a whole metal hinge... Not just the screw

Even the arms have a metal wire in em to keep their shape...

I like em ... I own one... Wouldn't buy any more tho... I like the feel and fit of regular Frogskins over LX's...

ArthurL likes this.
  3. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

The LX is an Acetate frame and regular Frogskins are O Matter. Different frame materials.

ArthurL likes this.
  4. ArthurL

ArthurL Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the reply guys. :)

5. tigbball5

tigbball5 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

The LX are really nice if you are careful with your glasses. But I prefer regular frogs because if I sit on them, the arm pops off and its no big deal. With the LX's you're screwed...

ArthurL likes this.
  6. ArthurL

ArthurL Oakley Beginner

This is what I'm thinking about too tigbbal5. The thing is I get a deal tomorrow for the Black tortoise/black iridium polarized. And since the LX seems to have all the metal thing I was not sure. I prefer plastic since I'm going to customize them with the acid green frame. I'm lucky the guy confirmed me that they are all plastic. I asked him if it was the LX model and he said yes. I will see tomorrow, then. I meet another guy for the polished black and this punk tried to sell me a fake one. He was amazed how fast I recognized the fake. I said to him that the frogskins had not the same feeling as my MATTE SKY SAPPHIRE IRIDIUM HEAVEN&EARTH. And also that they had any SKU and not even the CE marking engraved on the frame. The Oakley logo on the side had a paint mismatch. Even the soft pouch case was suspect.

7. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

I don't think LX's has the acid green frame ... And I don't think the lenses are interchangeable

ArthurL likes this.
  8. tigbball5

tigbball5 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

+1 I have messed around with LX frames and the lenses are extremely difficult to get out. Even harder than Gen 1 Frogs.

ArthurL likes this.
  9. ArthurL

ArthurL Oakley Beginner

I won't mess with any LX model, I won't buy any of this model too, I'm addict too standard fit.I will mix parts of the standard fit model with all plastic assembly. :)

10. ArthurL

ArthurL Oakley Beginner

Another punk who tried to fool me today with his fake polarized black tortoise. The lens was not even polarized and the Frog was totally fake. He went back saying almost anything because he knew I was not the kind of dude he can mislead. Back to Oakley store tomorrow.

Last edited: 3/10/15