• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins Packaging Goes Cheap

NiGHTSx2

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
I got my shipment of $59.99 Frogs from the Vault in the mail today and was shocked to see the packaging that came with the Summit Basin Red pair, as well as Acid Tortoise Black/+Red. It was a cheap white box, instead of the classic plastic box. The other two pairs I ordered came in the correct box. I know that the glasses were heavily discounted, but what a cheap, money grubbing move. I love you Lux.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old news chico. It's not a vault thing either, as my Rag & Bones came in white boxes, others' Old Glory pairs in white boxes, and some pairs even in black boxes. Disappointing, but its own classic look just the same..

White boxes = special/limited edition
Black boxes = standard release

This is what I read somewhere here on the forum

new packaging. even for pairs released while the clear box was around are getting the paper box.
Saul Good

So why do some of the Summit series come in clear packaging and some come in white? I've seen the Basin pair at my local Vault Store, and it definitely came in the clear plastic style. All of the pairs I've seen at the Vault retail store had plastic packaging actually.

Sorry for posting old news, but I haven't bought a pair of Frogs in over a year. I thought this was something new, and I wasn't a happy camper.

The boxes were switched in the middle of these series. Plus some vaults mix boxes up when they go to DE because they all have the same label. A good many just say DE frog on the labels. And nothing else

I bought a pair of Fonseca Antix on O.com and they came with the Koi bag.
When I saw them later on Vault.com I bought 2 pair fully expecting that they would have the cool bags and they had been de-contented, arriving with shi**y black bags. :(

Back