1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. Harold of the rocks

Harold of the rocks Oakley Enthusiast

What do you guys think about these Frogskins VR46? Are they fake or not?

I've got doubts, because they feel a little bit thinner than my old crystal black/red iridiums.
    Also they miss the star on the inner right side, but I learned that this star is not to be found on
    all frogskins?

I took some detail pictures of both to compare!

The bag says Made in China, but that's what a couple of bags bought from an official store also do.
    I even have got one which is made in Malaysia!

The box seems quite ok to me. Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2649.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2651.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2653.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2655.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2658.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2661.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2662.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2653.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2655.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2658.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2661.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2662.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2663.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2664.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2665.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2667.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2669.JPG Frogskins Valentino Rossi: fake or legit ? - IMG_2670.JPG

Could you help?

Msolly79 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

They look fine to me. No worries there

3. Ramslacrosse09

Ramslacrosse09 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

4. Harold of the rocks

Thanks Solomonfrog, good to read this!

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.
  5. Harold of the rocks

Great Ramslacrosse, thx. a lot for your confirmation!

6. Harold of the rocks

Feels good to have you guys out there! Thumbs up

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.
  7. Harold of the rocks

Anyway, these VR46 feel a little bit fragile compared to my 1st gen Frogskins.
    Do you think that there's a difference in quality depending on where you order?
    Would there be a difference when ordering at oakley.com directly instead of going to a luxottica retailer?

8. sOuLfUlFoRg

All generation 3 frogskins should be the same but I suppose a varrience in density of the plastic is possible. I thought it might have been that you had a pair of gen 2 and were comparing them to a Gen 3 but I see they are both Gen 3 in the photo. . I'm not sure why there would be a difference. Mine all feel the same. Production tolerances perhaps I'm not sure.

9. Harold of the rocks

All right, thanks for the detailed explanation.
    Wow, you're an expert and hence totally right, the crystal frogskins is a gen 2, I only replaced the arms because one of the holes near the hinge broke,
    this is why it seems to be a gen 3. Sorry that I forgot to mention.
    You help a lot. Great, I really appreciate!

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.
  10. sOuLfUlFoRg

Cheers my friend I'm glad we could help

Sliver_Fan and Msolly79 like this.