• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

From beater pair of Juliets to these....

If so, I hope he tightened mine the same way haha !!!

I have 3 glasses tightened by Zach and 4 tightened by XMan...

The XMan glasses leave dents in the side of my head hahaha !!!

The Zach tightened glasses feel awesome as they allow for some flex...

Unless Zach has now found the secret coupler and can make them super tight ??

Any really tight flex couplers are pretty easy. Seen some frames that people have used some sort of stiff polyurethane clear tubing just cut into short pieces and fitted inside the nose. Pretty much makes it so the nose has no flex. But kinda defeats the purpose of having a frame that was designed to flex to accomodate the shape of your head.

Oxm couplers, Zach?

So Litos, what kind custom work are you getting done?
I sent him 3 frames

1) XX Ti02 got a full Satin Plasma Finish on it
2) Polished Juliet Hammerstem got an XMetal Finish on it and a tightening
3) Polished XX (that he did last year) got a tightening

**but now I'm super stoked because the Juliet and Polished XX are gonna be tiiiiiiiight !!!**

I can make them tight or loose,when I give wiggle people complain that they have wiggle.yes,they should flex a bit,but OEM fit seems too loose and linegear doesn't feel like they've been tuned at all........

I can make them tight or loose,when I give wiggle people complain that they have wiggle.yes,they should flex a bit,but OEM fit seems too loose and linegear doesn't feel like they've been tuned at all........

Oem flex couplers are great on early generation frames with the squarer orbital tabs. They do get pretty loose on the later generations with the very rounded off orbital tabs not sure why they got more and more rounded with the later gens. If it had something to do with the finishing process of the frames in later years perhaps.

I'm guessing the molds had worn down or the finisher spent too much time on the grinder in the tab area.

Just got my XX and Juliet back from Zach - holy hell, i will refrain from telling you how tight these are so that I won't get banned again...

But yes, Zach tightened these things up like crazy :)

I would go as far as to say they're "XMan Tight", which is great news for our forum...

What a good problem it is to have when deciding on who to send frames to for customization hahaha !!!

Y'all two are the best :) @zwc0442 @THE X-MAN