• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

From Indonesia To My Collection

Mikey

Oakley Enthusiast
951 Baybee!
These are the two BNIB XS Plasma/FIP sets purchased from Junmarketer. Check it:

image.jpg
The left pair is definitely FIP. However, on further review the right one appears to be a 24K polarized lens. I'm not complaining at all, they're properly etched and really badass. I think it's one of those oddities that came out of the factory since this lens wasn't offered off the rack that I'm aware of. Anybody ever see this combination before?
The transaction with Junmarketer was smooth and the international delivery took maybe a week which is unheard of with customs these days. Mikey likes it!

Yeah I could only compare the finish to others I own. If it isn't 24k I don't know what it is. It isn't fire as its too light.

Could it be just a variation of fire? Like how ruby and pos red lenses tend to have drastic variations at times?

But those are two different lens finishes right? I wouldn't think that there would be such a stark difference if I were to buy two sets of FIP replacement lenses....

oh wait a sec....this is the same QC process that allowed some etching to go on the inner surface of a lens Doh!

But those are two different lens finishes right? I wouldn't think that there would be such a stark difference if I were to buy two sets of FIP replacement lenses....

oh wait a sec....this is the same QC process that allowed some etching to go on the inner surface of a lens Doh!

Ha! You're right I guess. What I meant was for both ruby and pos red, the variations of the lens rings can be quite big. Hence the whole issue of so-called "gen 1" ruby with the purple tints, and he later "gen" ruby which has been termed as Fruby coz they resemble fire iridium more than ruby. Pos red is also notorious for having big variations. I rem reading fire iridium had their issues as well. But that was on the flak jacket lenses.

I have seen large differences in fire R1 lenses,the one I have now is a lot paler than two others i have had,no nearly so orange,not quite 24k but on the way.

it just depends on the batch and which part its cutt off. Sometimes you get a deeper color, other times you dont from what im aware of. Correct me if im wrong

Latest Posts

Back