• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FS: Extremely Rare Pieces...For A Friend

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
so we must take it then that the person you refer to is likely the world # 1 collector. nobody here comes close to what he has?...fair enough, but i have to raise the point Nike Nickel has 670 pair, i have 748 pair, and that is just the eyewear part of our collections. i would be keen to know who this is if both Nike and myself are blown away by this collector. is it possible an employee at Oakley can get a regular pair then 'make' a one off custom, similar to a third party making a one off? it just appears more legit as it was produced 'in house'. i am not raising any doubts, just thinking of questions and answers.

Some people reacted to this post.
No, that would be Jim Jannard...Hands down. I won't even begin to get on the subject of Nike, or anyone collecting for the numbers sake or to just say "Look At Me, I have more than you"...That's stupid. People collect for whatever reasons. His collection wasn't just of one type or another, it was a history starting with vintage old pieces moving upwards into today's craziness. When you have 25 cabinets packed up good, you can pretty much say what you want, but it demands respect because it was a timeline of coolness. Lots of things that we normal collectors would drool over. Autographed this, pictures with that. So say what you will, but his stuff is indeed insane. Yes, certain employees can get things and just "create" them. But unless you are Adam Smythe, Jason Spencer, or a handful of other people there, you can't just "create" these pieces. Sorry, you just can't.

Is he only selling glasses?

This thread is getting a little off topic. Let's keep this to the point guys.

at this point he is selling what I have up here and a couple others I have yet to post. I will mention other pieces like accessories and the likes to him. I do know there is an RX metal vault with the demo lenses in it I have to put up though. And I agree wolfie, if anyone has sentiment about this or that, feel free to PM me as so you don't drag this off-topic. Let's just keep this as it is for what it is.

Nice pick up bron

Looks like great stuff Chop, wish he was a part of this forum as well...

all replies sent

cool stuff for sure! would love to see if the OTT is still available. will be contacting you soon Dr!

I need some $$$$. Dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back