• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FS: Fuente Hijinx

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr.H, are you getting the stephen murray hijinx? that's a sweet pair.

Some people reacted to this post.
That's actually one of the few that I am not interested in, to be honest. That squiggly stuff on the icons REALLY spoils it for me - and they should have left them alone. I much prefer a design where everything else on the frame can be any wacky sh1t you can think of (apart from the Kozik - yikes! :eek: ) but the icon is left untouched.
It's odd but - for me - it's like they didn't try at all with the actual Murray frame and lens combo (black, and errr, black) but then tried too hard with scribbling on it at the design meeting.

"Well - it's black with black - so we've drawn on the outsides of the ear-stems".
"Yup, and the insides of the ear-stems too"
"What else can we do?"
"We could draw on the icons . . . "

And it is at exactly that point, in my view, that someone frankly should have just said "Erm, no, that'll do I think" and they could have stopped the meeting, finished their instant coffee and cheap biscuits, switched off the Powerpoint presentation and gone home.
Shame really, because sales of the glasses are for a good cause.

Username Hidden said:
That's actually one of the few that I am not interested in, to be honest. That squiggly stuff on the icons REALLY spoils it for me - and they should have left them alone. I much prefer a design where everything else on the frame can be any wacky sh1t you can think of (apart from the Kozik - yikes! :eek: ) but the icon is left untouched.
It's odd but - for me - it's like they didn't try at all with the actual Murray frame and lens combo (black, and errr, black) but then tried too hard with scribbling on it at the design meeting.

"Well - it's black with black - so we've drawn on the outsides of the ear-stems".
"What else can we do?"

And it is at exactly that point, in my view, that someone frankly should have just said "Erm, no, that'll do I think" and they could have stopped the meeting, finished their instant coffee and cheap biscuits, switched off the Powerpoint presentation and gone home.

haha!

totally opposite for me... it was the lions on the icons that made me buy it.... that, and the fact that i manage to get it for $75 BNIB on eBay... :biggrin:

Username Hidden said:

"What else can we do?"

LOL, Mr.H you always have a way at making something downright hilarious.
this is where the crew just went overboard with the design work, where as Rossi's holbrook it seemed that no one even showed up and someone just went to hell with this and put in hours and hours of work to put VR]46 on a earstem and got paid for it. wow.

Haha. Sorry mate.
Back to your Fuente.
I would totally buy these but its gunna be at least a month before I have spare cash for them.
If they're still around I'll consider stepping in for a deal.

Sorry Dave!

Username Hidden said:
Haha. Sorry mate.
Back to your Fuente.
I would totally buy these but its gunna be at least a month before I have spare cash for them.
If they're still around I'll consider stepping in for a deal.

No problem. I can wait :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.