• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FS Plate Platinum/24K - $185 - Any Interest?

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

So I got a Platinum/24K Iridium Plate off of eBay. They were described as "hardly worn." However, when I got them in the mail, I was disappointed in the condition. There is a noticable scratch in the right lens exterior, as well as a small area on the interior nose bridge where the finish has chipped off. I also found a smudge on the exterior nose bridge. Aside from that, everything looks good. I'll post pix of the glasses when I get home tonight.

So here's the situation: I was going to return these to the seller, but if anyone out there wants them for the same price that I paid, let me know. Price would be $185 shipped to CONUS. If I don't get any interest within the next day or two, I'll return to sender.

Some people reacted to this post.
As promised, here are some pix.

extfront.jpg

zextside.jpg

zintside3.jpg

zextdetailnotext.jpg

zintside.jpg

zintside2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...and here are some more pix with the imperfections marked. I want to be sure that anyone interested in these knows all the details. The areas marked with "worn finish" are showing black undercoat through the platinum topcoat. The rubbed area on the nosebridge still has the platinum color, but is showing minimal signs of wear. The earstems are in fantastic shape. No fade whatsoever!

I wasn't able to get a good picture of it, but the lenses appear to have some sort of weird speckling on them. Almost like they would look if you walked through a mister and got tiny water drops on the lenses. I have no idea what's causing them to look like that, but I broke out the O cleaning kit, and it didn't do anything to correct the problem.

I'm probably making the issues out to be bigger than they are...but I was looking for a mint pair for the case; while these These would be better as an everyday pair to wear.

zextfront.jpg

zextint.jpg

zextdetail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man. I would love some but I want some pit bosses 1st

Username Hidden said:
Man. I would love some but I want some pit bosses 1st

Not quite in as good a condition as the ones that the other dude was going to sell to you as BNIB, but pretty much spot on in price vs market value of a true BNIB pair. It seems like the finish on the (especially platinum) Plates is very prone to wear.

PM replied Junmarketer!

If anyone else outside the USA is interested, PM me for intl shipping quote.

PM Replied too, pretty interesting with this sunnies dude :)

Junmarketer - your inbox is full. Clear out some mail so I can send you a follow up pm!

Username Hidden said:
Junmarketer - your inbox is full. Clear out some mail so I can send you a follow up pm!

Done dude :)

Mods - please lock down this thread. I have decided to hang on to these for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.