• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FS Romeo 1 Michael Jordan Serial 3025

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Hi,

I am looking to sell my Romeo 1.0.
It is in near mint condition. I wore them occasionally when I first bought them, but not since and the nose rubber is still in good condition as well as the red ear stems both of which I replaced regularly on the 2 sets of Juliets that I have.
Overall in near mint without scratches on the original Lens.
I don't have the box and the coin may or may not be found. I have it but we have moved twice and some items are in the difficult to get to attic.
I love them, but don't wear them and will sell them for 1000usd + shipping.
I hope the price is fair since it seems to be the lowest on ebay.
PM any queries.
Thanks,

Joe C

I live in Toronto, Canada and can arrange for local pickup and better pictures.

img1782h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people reacted to this post.
pm sent

Username Hidden said:
Hi,

I am looking to sell my Romeo 1.0.
It is in near mint condition. I wore them occasionally when I first bought them, but not since and the nose rubber is still in good condition as well as the red ear stems both of which I replaced regularly on the 2 sets of Juliets that I have.
Overall in near mint without scratches on the original Lens.
I don't have the box and the coin may or may not be found. I have it but we have moved twice and some items are in the difficult to get to attic.
I love them, but don't wear them and will sell them for 1000usd + shipping.
I hope the price is fair since it seems to be the lowest on ebay.
PM any queries.
Thanks,

Joe C

I live in Toronto, Canada and can arrange for local pickup and better pictures.

img1782h.jpg

being discussed

Last edited by a moderator:
8e4c013e-a82f-e64d.jpg

Hello all,
I would like to ask for opinions from the forum on a dispute I am having with Madcientista regarding the sale of my Romeo 1 serial 3025.
I wish to be fair but we do not agree on stated condition/ price.
Subsequent to posting above, and prior to purchase, I inspected the lens carefully under bright light to look for cracking in the lens as I had recently read to be an issue with most Romeo 1's.
I communicated the cracking in email with pics prior to sale.

To: xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject: Romeo 1's
Date: March-16-12 12:43:42 AM
IMG_5312.JPG (3.8 MB)
Here are the best pictures that I could seem to take. Under ver bright light there is a small very superficial scratch approximately 2cm on the right lens at 2-3 o'clock.
The has a similar one in the 10-11 o'clock.
They do not affect vision whatsoever, and the lens look perfect under normal light.

Joe

Madscientista agreed to pay 820usd
Shipping was 65 and after Paypal fees, my payment was 700cdn which is essentially the same as USD.

The frame has had very little face time,
100% original, and condition was well communicated IMHO.
Madscientista has requested $300 refund whereas I had come down below what I think is fair for glasses in such condition.

I welcome comments, queries, and Madscientista's view.

Thanks,

Joe

Why he's asking fir $300 refund IF you've already informed him the condition of the item?

I agree. If condition was agreed upon, I see no reason for a refund.

I would say your description sounds clear. If the buyer agrees that your description was accurate, then there should be no refund as the price was agreed upon. If your description was lacking or inaccurate I would agree that a partial or full refund be processed if the inaccuracies are unacceptable.

Username Hidden said:
Why he's asking fir $300 refund IF you've already informed him the condition of the item?

Username Hidden said:
I agree. If condition was agreed upon, I see no reason for a refund.

Username Hidden said:
I would say your description sounds clear. If the buyer agrees that your description was accurate, then there should be no refund as the price was agreed upon. If your description was lacking or inaccurate I would agree that a partial or full refund be processed if the inaccuracies are unacceptable.

I agree, seems like you have described the item very accurately and he accepted. I don't believe there is any grounds for a refund of any kind. well I wouldn't atleast.

8e4c013e-e65f-d5d7.jpg

I should mention that he contends that it is worse than described and provided this picture. He did state that you only see it in bright light.
I contend that I lowered the price to what I thought the low end of what it is worth is as i communicated prior to sale and that I don't think I owe him any further refund.
I used the forum as a basic guide as well as eBay.
I informed him that I would appeal to the forum for aid in arbitration and appreciate the feedback.
I will let him state his case.

I can see that same stress crack in the pic that was posted on the original post. Seems like you were forthcoming about the lens condition. I would argue that your posted description was not accurate though, even though you clarified the condition by email. But including your email communication, it seems the condition was well described and pictures were accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.