• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ft Lauderdale Vault Store

Sanford

Oakley Beginner
Canada
Hi Fellow Members,
I'm heading to Ft Lauderdale and jumping on a cruise boat on the 18 of this month, I'm planning on trying to go to the Vault Store at Sawgrass Mills.

Google maps says its about 30 mins from harbour to the mall, is this some what accurate?

Any comments about this store?

I have been there numerous times. I have scored a few pairs but nothing like what I get down at the Dolphin Mall. As for travel time to the harbor, it depends on the day. It is busy down there I would give yourself some extra time....i believe the mall opens at 10:00 am Mon-Sat. Sun at noon. So make sure you get to your ship in time.......

Oh... And you might want to print out a floor plan of the sawgrass mills mall, because you may get lost.....lol.

I'm flying down Saturday morning at 6 am and should be arriving around 10 or 11, I think its about a 4 hour flight. We'll most likely check in first, if there is time after check in and boarding, we'll head over...if not no biggie. I have already been looking at the map been doing research on mall for the last few days but I will print the map out....good idea

I'm hoping to get a pair of those echelon's Jawbones everyones been buying up but it could be a long shot given the amount of time I have or if that store even got any...well see

Too bad I didn't have more time dolphin mall is about an hour away...

Thanks for the info xmetal

I'm flying down Saturday morning at 6 am and should be arriving around 10 or 11, I think its about a 4 hour flight. We'll most likely check in first, if there is time after check in and boarding, we'll head over...if not no biggie. I have already been looking at the map been doing research on mall for the last few days but I will print the map out....good idea

I'm hoping to get a pair of those echelon's Jawbones everyones been buying up but it could be a long shot given the amount of time I have or if that store even got any...well see

Too bad I didn't have more time dolphin mall is about an hour away...

Thanks for the info xmetal

Keep in mind that not all vaults carry the same pairs. You may want to call ahead and find out if they even have them in the store to save yourself the trip if they're not.

Ya that's true. I'll head anyway to check it out if we have time. There are all kinds a glasses I want lol

That be cool but I won't be down there until the 18th of August and I'm not certain that I will make the trip it all depends on how much time I have. I appreciate the offer though.

I'm not sure what else I'm looking for, it's gonna be one of those times where you show up and just buy sh*t because you're on vacation and worry about the credit card bill later...lol

I have been on numerous cruises. If you arrive at 10 or 11 at the airport then get you luggage, then head to the port and check in there. Once you check in the port building I suggest you stay there. Because of security check points , waiting in line, etc. you maybe cutting it close. If you are renting a car you just may make it. Remember you have to go to the port pay to park, unload, checkin, etc then try and leave again. It's no fun and not worth the rush or effort if you miss the cruise. If your not renting a car then your going to be at the mercy of public transportation which could take
Longer. I am not trying to discourage you but you may want to reconsider. When your cruise returns back to port and you have time to go to the vault before your return flight you may want to do that. Unless the flight is early also.

This is good information to know I didn't think about the check in times etc when getting on the boat. I don't want to be cutting it close and we are not renting a car. We planned on taking a cab there which I was thinking could take a while' you're right we'd be better off going there after the cruise if we have time; although I'm uncertain of the departure flight as we could be going straight to the airport.
My aunts and uncles planned this trip and they wanted to avoid a one night stay in the hotel when we arrived, I was hoping to fly in a day early and check out Florida as I have never been. Thanks again for the info and suggestions...

Back